JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not surprised as Springfield hasn't done anything that wasn't almost a direct copy of someone else's design. Springfield is definitely not known as an innovative company.

I sort of get these things, but I also can't help to think they are just butt hurt.

Protecting intellectual property, especially intellectual property that's covered by US Patents, is the right thing to do. Sig invested money and time to make the smallest reliable double stack magazine on the market and then to build an auto pistol around it. Those designs were patented for a reason.

Sig is the pioneer in this case and have every right to protect their vested interest.

Last Edited:
I was wondering when something like this would occur! I like Sig firearms never been much of a Springfield person but I can respect the history. Sounds like the real problem is Sig being Sig is always expensive granted not by much in this case but the MSRP is always higher better quality in my opinion. You get what you pay for! Springfield's hellcat is a great gun I think Sig feels they are being priced out because there are plenty of high capacity offerings in the $450-500 range. I'm not sure if they have a case. That would mean every high capacity micro compact with similar style magazines made after the P365 would be subject to the same legal battle that Springfield is currently facing ? Sig might lose in this one.

As much as I enjoy my P365, I have a much older Kel-Tec P-11 that holds 10+1 in about the same size as the P365. True, the Sig is a much more refined animal and it's striker fired rather than hammer fired, but they are far from the first subcompact, double stack, 9mm. Everybody always acts like these kind of things never existed, but it is not a new idea, just their rendition, which I think Sig did a great job on. Suing Springfield seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews