JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a little more interested when I saw you could "adjust the length" to fit your forearm correctly. Seem like that would make it a little more "practical" to use.

I held one awhile back in eugene, its nice, shoulders really nice, it was an all sig gun with the brace with a 10" barrel, great alternative to an sbr, actually makes me wonder if the wait for the nfa stamp is worth it

I have a 10.5" AR15 pistol. I have a SB15 coming in the mail and I paid $117 with free shipping from Rockwell Arms. It's a paperless "SBR" in my opinion. Yeah yeah don't call it a stock and a SBR, but whatever lol. I'm gonna call mine a PDW so meeh :p. Don't alter it in any way, and keep the copy of BATFE letter it comes with handy because you know you gonna run into an ignorant person with a badge.

I'm gonna have fun with mine without all the B.S. that comes with a SBR.

They are fantastic. Massive fun to shoot standing at short range. I can use mine on the pistol line at my club. I think I may have a new favorite pistol. One little thing to consider - it is a bit loud to stand next to on the firing line. If courtesy is a concern to you, it would be best not to light this thing off right next a fellow shooter.

I went to the gun show at the expo on Saturday. I saw an AR pistol with the SB15 installed on it.... I had never seen one in person so I grabbed the pistol and shouldered it, MY GOD!!!! first thing that popped in my head was why would anyone want a SBR and all the crap that has to be done to obtain one? lol
It was not too big, not too heavy, it fit great pressed against my shoulder, it was very nice quality... built nice. I am so glad I have mine coming to me next week.

I have to be honest, the whole reason why I started my AR pistol project was because of the "arm brace"... :s0114:

I am tall so I was worried about them being to short. Once I saw they are adjustable to fit different length arms it made me consider it much more. Sound like I need to start looking for one.

I'm intrigued by it. I suspect that the ATF will change their mind at some point once someone in Congress sees one of these threads or videos.

ATF aside, how does it reflect WA or OR law? Can you make an argument this is an SBR under state law even if the Feds approve it?

"Short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle by any means of modification if such modified weapon has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

I'm intrigued by it. I suspect that the ATF will change their mind at some point.

That is one of the things semi holding me back. The positives are even if so it is a $100 layout not $$$ or $$$$. Plus with a major maker selling it I feel there is less chance of that, but still possible. Much easier to "question" and shut down a small shop from making them.

ATF aside, how does it reflect WA or OR law?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are asking here. Pistols are legal in both WA an OR.......

Not sure what you are asking here. Pistols are legal in both WA an OR.......

The RCW definition of rifle and pistol differs from the ATF as I understand it. Could an anti-gun state AG make the case that with this brace, the weapon is 'remade' to be fired from the shoulder? In that case, it's not a pistol under the RCW, even if the ATF says it is.

The RCW definition of rifle and pistol differs from the ATF as I understand it. Could an anti-gun state AG make the case that with this brace, the weapon is 'remade' to be fired from the shoulder? In that case, it's not a pistol under the RCW, even if the ATF says it is.

That is the point of this device. It is not intended to be fired from the shoulder otherwise the ATF would not allow it.

RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

(15) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

27 CFR 478.11 - Meaning of terms. | LII / Legal Information Institute

Pistol. A weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

I'm intrigued by it. I suspect that the ATF will change their mind at some point once someone in Congress sees one of these threads or videos.

ATF aside, how does it reflect WA or OR law? Can you make an argument this is an SBR under state law even if the Feds approve it?

"Short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle by any means of modification if such modified weapon has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

I seriously doubt that they'll change their stance. The original finding is quite clear and straightforward. It is very obviously a wrist stabilizing device. It is undeniable that this is it's intent. I have a huge crescent wrench with which I can drive nails quite effectively. Whether I choose to misuse it has no bearing on the fact that it was designed and intended to turn bolts and nuts, not to drive nails. It is not a hammer. It seems to me that this applies to both State and Federal law.

They are great. I just picked up another yesterday for my Ghost Gun build.

Check out our review and demonstration.

You guys always have some pretty good videos!

I will be ordering an arm brace soon... Also for a ghost gun build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads