JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sig Pros have been around for the better part of a decade now - and have proven to be decent guns. Like any other gun out there - you'll have a few lemons - all makers have them. For $400 new - it'd be really hard to pass up on one if you're in the market for a new pistol.

I purchased 3 Sig Sauer SP2022's with factory night sights for my daughters and another for myself. My ladies have fired about 500 rounds each, and i have put over 1000 through mine.

We have not experienced any failures to feed, fire, or extract with any ammunition we have tried. The ammunition we have used so far: 115g rem jhp reloads made by my daughter's, glazers with the blue tip +p 80g , win 115g silvertip jhp's, win 147g jhp's, rem 115g jhp's, buffalo bore 115g +p jhp's, black hills 124g +p jhp's, federal 115g fmj, and a few other brands as well.
We even mixed different brands, bullet weights, and power levels in the magazine's, without failures.

Mine has been shot by a variety of people including a friends 9 year old daughter, without problems.

We did have trouble getting 15 rounds into the magazines at first, the springs are very strong.

After about 700 rounds i did notice some slight wear in the guide rod, about 1/2" from the muzzle end. The wear has not gotten any worse yet, but i am keeping a close eye on it.

I talked with a guy that has a Sp2022 in 40S&W, that say's he has over 4000 rounds fired and his has the same kind of wear on the guide rod.

If i experience more wear on the guide rod, i will consider switching all of ours out for stainless steel guide rods.

I also got a holster that i am using now, it is a blackhawk serpa level 2. It has been a great holster so far.

M67

I have the 2009 which i believe is the predecessor to the 2022. I have over 3k rounds through it and shot idpa and currently it is my daily carry (it is my wifes gun though ;) ). No FTF FTE or any nonsense. It works as a sig should and i feel completly comfortable even with a plastic guide rod ( which glock has too btw).

Matt

I have a sp2022 in .40 it has been a good gun so far the sights are a little different than some 3 dots because of the way they align great for combat but for target align the top of the sight not the dots.

And I would say that the guy who claims to have "snapped" a guide rod is full of it and probably is trying to sway poeple to get a metal one. I can imagine a little wear on them but i can't think of a situation where there would be enough lateral force to break it unless the guy couldn't figure out how to assemble it and tried to force it.

Borrowedsig is correct - the previous Sig Pro models were the 2009 and the 2340. The 2009 was the 9mm model, the 2340 was .357 Sig or .40 SW (same model number for both guns). I owned the 2340 for a shot time, in .357Sig. My only complaints about that gun - the caliber wasn't pleasant to shoot in that gun, and the mags rattled. I've since checked out the 2022's and the mag rattle issue is gone. I had one of the earliest models, so that doesn't surprise me. The 9mm guns are a lot more pleasant to shoot. The biggest cosmetic changes to the gun - the forward rail on teh 2340's and 2009's were proprietary - the 2022's have a Picatinny rail on them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top