JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey boys and girls...... I need some help on some good ammo for my sig P6. I went to the gun show at the expo ctr. and bought a box of 9mm hydra shocks jhp and some cheap federal 95 grain jsp. I get home and i looked at both kinds of ammo and realized the hydra shocks were longer. Now i've read online that some sig p6s dont like jhp ammo. On my slide it has 1/81..... i assume it was made jan. 1981..... anywho, i went shooting and sure as s**t i had jamming issues with the hydra shocks..... would not feed, it would just sit there by the feeding ramp keeping the slide open (it still shot the hydra shocks. 80% of the time)..and smacking the slide from the back didn't do anything. I shot the federal jsp ( hallow point with lead filled tip...almost looks like a fmj) and i had a few feeding issues. I also had some blazer fmj ammo and that shot best....still one or two FTF. I was told that blazers shot dirty and the sig was dirty but i doubt that would cause jamming issues. The pistol was cleaned and lubed prior to shooting. I got one factory used mag that came with the pistol and i bought a pro mag and the pro mag did good but i had FTF issues with both mags. I have cycled rounds through the gun without fireing...... don't have issues..... since my factory mag was old i pulled out the spring and stretched it a bit prior to shooting the sig. The pro mag spring was not touched.
Does anyone have a sig p6? And if so what ammo do u use? I just dont wanna use fmj and have it go through the bad guy and hit someone else in a self defense situation.

Thanks guys and galls.

I have not had any feeding issues with my P6, but have not put an hollow points though it as it is not my carry piece at this time. A good place for replacement part to the P6/225 is <broken link removed>

Copied from another board.

2. Sig P6's are West German police issue. P225's are the commercial model. The P6's are noted by the cut under the hammer bob and different feed ramp. P225's (The barrel on the left in the photo below) have an improved feed ramp.

3.Sig P6's manufactured after June 14th, 1989, have an improved feed ramp.

5. Most P6's have no problems shooting a variety of JHP ammunition. Some P6 owners reported feeding issues with 147 grain HP's, but lighter 115/124 grain HPs shoot just fine. Polishing the feed ramp and replacing magazine springs can help with HP feeding issues.

6.+P ammo may be safely fired in P6's, based on a the reply I received from Sig Sauer to my email inquiry. A new recoil spring may be necessary to shoot +P in the P6. Do not use +P+

P225BarrelsNewandOld.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top