JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
What finish is on this to protect the bare metal...

A silicone finish. This is the 2nd one I have done. The last one has been exposed to the elements for 6 months now and shows no signs of corrosion.

If you were to throw it on a sandy beach for a month and expose it to the salt water I don't know. If you clean your guns like I do, there should never be a problem.

What kind of cash price are you thinking?

I really don't have one in mind, but this is what I am into it.

$400 for the pistol
$20 for the new grips
2 hours into the polish.

I am not looking to give it away. If I find a trade for something I am interested in, or a decent cash offer I will part with it. If not, I will just keep it.

You can find these online for $350+$25 shipping+$20 BC/Transfer=$395............But it will not be like this. This gun was in VG+ condition even before I polished the slide. The frame is 98%, and all original.

Question Jkraig?

Do you have an FFL? Just curious because you seem to be the biggest dealer on here.

I assume you do?

The reason I ask is because I don't buy guns from FFLs. I like FTF with private paperwork.

Which is it?

??

OK, you buy and sell all of your guns FTF. Cool.

I misspoke. I do occasionally buy from an FFL, but I prefer FTF with a private individual. For instance, I won't buy guns, especially guns which were banned under Clinton, on Gunbroker.com and leave a long paper trail.

I've bought several guns this year, some from members here, and two from FFL's but I haven't sold a gun in at least 20 years.

That's just me.

Jason, still a pretty piece, nice wood grips and all, HOWEVER, YOU HAVE BUFFED ALL THE PROTECTIVE FINISH OFF.! What might one do to keep this shinny, or how 2 treat the slide and all.. I have ran a BB of Gun values and see that we should make a deal, however, need to know who or how to refinish?

BB info:"

MODEL P225 - 9mm Para. cal., regular double action or double action only, similar to P220, shorter dimensions, 3.85 in. barrel, 8 shot, thumb actuated button release mag., fully adj. sights, 28.8 oz. Disc. 1998.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$595 $525 $450 $425 $395 $350 $310

Last MSR was $725.
Add $45 for factory K-Kote finish.

so unfinished what? $

Jason, still a pretty piece, nice wood grips and all, HOWEVER, YOU HAVE BUFFED ALL THE PROTECTIVE FINISH OFF.! What might one do to keep this shinny, or how 2 treat the slide and all.. I have ran a BB of Gun values and see that we should make a deal, however, need to know who or how to refinish?

BB info:"

MODEL P225 - 9mm Para. cal., regular double action or double action only, similar to P220, shorter dimensions, 3.85 in. barrel, 8 shot, thumb actuated button release mag., fully adj. sights, 28.8 oz. Disc. 1998.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$595 $525 $450 $425 $395 $350 $310

Last MSR was $725.
Add $45 for factory K-Kote finish.

so unfinished what? $

Be prepared to live with the bare surface and keep it shined up. Earlier in this thread he said he applied:

A silicone finish. This is the 2nd one I have done. The last one has been exposed to the elements for 6 months now and shows no signs of corrosion.

And you may well never get that silicone out of the pores of the steel. That means I would never be able to feel confident in refinishing/reblueing/parkerizing etc. it, imho. Nothing sticks to silicone.

Body shop supply/paint supply houses sell products to remove silicone because paint won't stick to it either. Many car polishes/waxes contain silicone. One brand of silicone remover I'm familiar with is called Poly Cracker. You might soak and scrub it with that several times and get it done. Might.

I would have already tried to buy this gun if it weren't for that. I do agree it's really, really nice.

$.02

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top