JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$900
Manufacturer
Sig Sauer
Caliber
9mm
City
Wilsonville
State
Oregon
Possible trades: ar15 pistol or rifle
Please private message me will all correspondence. Thanks.

So who is going to be interested in this pistol? Someone who is looking for a DOA trigger in a micro compact carry pistol. Unfortunately, these pistols have gone the way side for the lighter triggers on striker fired pistols. The p290rs is the predecessor to the sig p365.

If you are new to the shooting community and don't fully understand the difference between trigger types, then following videos might help you understand.

what about karr pistols.png
What About Kahr Pistols?

lucky gunner da.png
The Frustrating Search For A Double Action Carry Pistol

Why would someone want a double action only pistol (DAO)?
  1. To add an additional layer of safety without adding a safety. In a stressful situation a longer trigger pull can help prevent unwanted discharges. Also, during the holstering process a longer trigger pull and the ability to place your thumb over the hammer can certainly help prevent a ND —heaven forbid something gets caught in the trigger guard.
  2. Restrike capable. You get one more try before you are forced to tap/rack. For me personally, this is a big deal.
  3. Off body/pocket carry —i.e. purse, back pack, etc. I would not advocate carrying any pistol without a holster, however if you choose to do so...this is a better option.
  4. No manual safety. Under stress you don't have to remember to disengage a safety.
  5. Dry fire training —Don't have to rack the slide for every trigger press, which builds bad muscle memory.
carry trainer dry fire practice.jpg
Dry Fire, the Secrets of Masters | Episode #55
timestamp 4:45

With that said, we all know "you can't fix stupid". The firearm is just a tool. Minimizing the risks are up to us. Some people, like me, just prefer the DAO platform for these reasons. Whatever platform you decide on, train and become proficient with it.

Unfortunately, the choices for DAO micro pistols are limited, especially if you would like to add a red dot. I have multiples of this pistol and think they are the best in this class. I am just looking to expand my other firearm interests.

A few features to point out about this pistol. The p290rs uses a unique barrel (see photo below) to make a solid lock up for one of the most accurate pistols in its class. The pistol comes with one 6+1 capacity magazine. 8+1 mags are available. This pistol is one of my edc pistols and has been vetted. The round count is at 531. After adding the red dot, I needed to vet the pistol again.

quick video from the range session
During this range session, I shot a variety of ammo (192 rounds: 115 gr fiocchi, 115g federal, 115g winchester, 147g speer, 147gr sig elite) to confirm function with the red dot installed —and it shot all without a hiccup. FYI...the shooting distance in the video is 7 yards.

Below are a few video reviews about the pistol. Thanks for looking.

Buyer pays transfer fees
Transfer at Sunset Firearms in Wilsonville
Please PM me with all correspondence and thanks for looking.

sootch review 290.jpg
sootch00 review

kb32 review p290.jpg
kb32 review

20210727_100958.jpg

20210727_101018.jpg

20210727_101103.jpg

Photo above is of the 32 moa setting shown below. I didn't think I would like this particular configuration, however after shooting with the different options (ie. 2 moa dot vs 32 moa with dot) I really like this setting. Target acquisition is greatly improved while still retaining that smaller 2 moa dot for pin point accuracy.

2021-07-30_6-24-40.jpg

sig p290rs_3_700.jpg

20210730_064625.jpg

20210730_070128.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited: