Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Sig Sauer P250 Compact .45

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Bello425, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Does anyone have this gun? I have been reading some reviews, and they are not positive. The reviews state a lot of FTF, FTE, bad extractor, brass hitting you in between the eyes, etc. Anyone have the same issues. I like the option of being able to switch from .45 to 9mm, to .40. I know you have to buy the extra grip, mag, slide. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Sounds like it's true, a jack of all trades is a master of none. If I had the funds I would probably get one of these for shiggles.

3. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I'm new to firearms. Didn't get my first one until 1955. What's a SHIGGLE?

4. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I have the Sig P250 compact model in .40 S & W with a 9mm conversion kit. Forget all the crap about it you've heard. Shot it several times and It's a great design. Smooth, smooth DA trigger takes no time to get used to and change calibers in literally seconds. Soooo, I just bought the full size P250 in .45acp as I like more weight/bulk with the bigger cal. = going to the range this weekend.

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

my guess is

"something" + Giggles = Shiggles

6. Bello425

Motoman98 : Can you reply back and tell me how the range went with the .45. Thanks.

7. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

So, I finally made it to the range. Short on time, I wanted this try out to be a bit more interesting. I was mostly testing function. I loaded my first magazine with half 200 gr plated semi-wad cutters and half 230gr lead round nose. Then I did 200gr lead semi wad cutters and 230 gr ball ammo. After a box and 1/2 it was perfect functioning every time and even with such a mix the groups weren't bad at all. That trigger is SMOOTH.
    I was very unsure of a DAO before I bought the P250s...not now. They are a good design: a typical SIG!
    In conclusion, forget all the crap you've read about 'em. Some people like to run down Sigs...some run down Glocks. Oh well.

8. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Any chance of getting some pic's of the gun, and maybe the gun broken down too?

9. Bello425

Thanks for the insight.

10. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

I have a P250c in 9mm. It has great ergonomics and is accurate once you master the DOA trigger. Unfortunately, mine developed a serious FTE issue after about 700 rounds and is currently back at Sig for service. I love the basic premise and simplicity of this pistol, and it's feel in the hand. But I will reserve judgment until it proves 100% reliable, which, I am confident it will.