JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have for sale one unfired, like-new-in-box .40S&W SIG Sauer P229 with night sights and E2 grips. No longer accepting trade offers since I made an impulse purchase tonight. I bought this gun new and it has never left the box since I picked it up. This is basically a new gun. It comes with two 12 round mags and a never worn OD Green RKBA holster.

Price reduced for quick sale. The gun has an MSRP of $1108 and sells for $978 at Budsgunshop. I am asking $715 cash with the holster. Low price and no sales tax will save someone looking for one of these great guns well over $300.

I am in Vancouver. I can travel to PDX.

$715

20160501_200521.jpg 20160501_200504.jpg 20160501_200313.jpg

Action Type-DA/SA
Trigger Pull DA-10.0 lbs
Trigger Pull SA-4.4 lbs
Overall Length-7.1 in
Overall Height-5.4 in
Overall Width-1.5 in
Barrel Length-3.9 in
Sight Radius-5.7 in
Weight w/Mag-29.6 oz
Sights Contrast, SIGLITE® Night Sights -
Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail-Yes
Features Accessory rail
MSRP-$1,015.00, - $1,108.00 w/ Night Sights
CA Compliant-Yes
MA Compliant-Yes

Last Edited:
I remember WA Department of Revenue used to have FFLs collected use tax on private transactions. Is this no longer the case? Ill have to check up on that real quick.

Follow up:

It looks like the FFL's aren't required to collect use tax anymore, I hadn't realized this. However, it looks like the Department of Revenue still expects the purchaser to pay use tax directly to the Department of Revenue.

Effective December 4, 2014, I-594 removes the requirement for firearms dealers to collect sales or use tax from the transferee on firearms transfers between unlicensed persons whether such transfers are in-state or interstate transfers

Does the buyer/transferee owe use tax if the in-state firearms dealer does not collect the tax? Yes. I-594 does not relieve the purchaser/transferee from the obligation to pay use tax. The purchaser/transferee receiving the firearm must pay use tax directly to the Department of Revenue.

Wait, am I reading this wrong? Do I still owe a use tax for an in-state private transaction. However, its up to me to report it?o_O:cool:

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.