JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anybody see the announcement for the Sig P224? Looks like Sig is taking a step away from polymer subcompat and making a really small 226/229. It looks pretty nice to me an I like the idea of a full metal pistol; the extra heft is reassuring in hand and usually allows faster follow up shots.

Any thoughts?

Hmm! 3.5" bbl v. 3.9" P229, and accepts P229 mags. At 25oz it v. 32oz P229, I think it will have a few followers. I might be one of them. Being a happy owner of a P226 and a P229, a P224 would be a nice addition to my Sig collection. :)

I've been curious about this new Sig model since they showed a segment highlighting on Guns & Ammo TV last fall. It sure looks good. There were some posts on the Sig Forum from those who had handled the P224 at the Shot Show that indicated it's not just a chopped a p229. Something along the lines of some changes to the barrel lock-up compared to the p229 if I remember right. I'm cautiously optimistic that Sig will get this one right from day one, instead of the issues they've had with recent introductions. I can definitely see one in my future. I'm a sucker for the nickel plating, maybe in .357 sig...

From what I have heard from buddies who attended SHOT SHOW 2012 is that they did not particularly like the P224 because of its width and short grip. However, I would still like to handle one before making any judgement calls; but the 1k+ MSRP for this gun just scares me. Honestly, I am more excited for the SIG P938 if I wanted to go the BUG route.