JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a buddy that wants to trade me his Sig 1911 Tactical 5" 9mm for one of my guns that I put a personal value of $900 all-in with the mags and holster I will give to him. I can't find much info on these at the moment as it looks like Sig no longer offers them but when they did they went for about $1,200 (more or less). It's in excellent shape cosmetically and seems to shoot reliably. It will come with 1 9-round mag.

I found another on GB going for about $900 but not sure if that is a fair price. Here's a picture that the GB ad had which is basically what my buddy has.

Would you do it? Is there something else in the $900 to $1,200 you would rather have significantly more than this?

pix259466680.jpg

Last Edited:
Shiny with no threaded barrel or suppressor height sights doesn't seem "tactical" to me. That's just a 1911. An important piece of missing info is what gun you'd be trading him, not just what you value it at. Unless of course, both of your guns make the other's bits stiff, then go for it regardless.

Are you trying to trade into something you plan to sell, or is this something that you will keep and use? If the latter, and you are trading off something you no longer want as much or use, seems like a fair deal?

If you don't already have a full size 1911 in 9mm, even more reason IMO to do the trade. Mine is a smooth shooter!

Shiny with no threaded barrel or suppressor height sights doesn't seem "tactical" to me. That's just a 1911. An important piece of missing info is what gun you'd be trading him, not just what you value it at. Unless of course, both of your guns make the other's bits stiff, then go for it regardless.
Yeah "Tactical" clearly for branding. Not going to be very tactical out there with a shiny-bubblegum gun. But I do think it's pretty.

I'm just trading one of my H&K P30 9mm with a bunch of mags and holsters to get to $900. I've got two others and a L version so I am fine giving one up.

Are you trying to trade into something you plan to sell, or is this something that you will keep and use? If the latter, and you are trading off something you no longer want as much or use, seems like a fair deal?

If you don't already have a full size 1911 in 9mm, even more reason IMO to do the trade. Mine is a smooth shooter!
Keep and use. Not as a go-to for carry or HD but certainly will run her at the range and fondle late at night while the lady of the house is asleep.

This is my first 1911 to own. I've shot many and love them.

I just wonder if I were to just straight sell the other gun, is there something in a 1911 9mm 5" barrel out there that would be "better" up to $1,200. Like I see the Springfield Emissary and it is sexy...I also see a lot of good things about the Bul Armory 1911.

My buddy isn't dieing to trade it out but would do it for my H&K as he likes them as well.

I have a buddy that wants to trade me his Sig 1911 Tactical 5" 9mm for one of my guns that I put a personal value of $900 all-in with the mags and holster I will give to him. I can't find much info on these at the moment as it looks like Sig no longer offers them but when they did they went for about $1,200 (more or less). It's in excellent shape cosmetically and seems to shoot reliably. It will come with 1 9-round mag.

I found another on GB going for about $900 but not sure if that is a fair price. Here's a picture that the GB ad had which is basically what my buddy has.

Would you do it?

View attachment 1192057
Totally depends on what you're trading out and whether or not you use it or want it laying around. It might not be worth transferring multiple times if you're trying to turn over a penny, but it's a good gun to throw in your collection, sure. The price though... maybe you need some balance.

If he's really going to trade it for whatever it is thst you have valued at $900, then yes, I'd do it.

Last Edited:
Totally depends on what you're trading out and whether or not you use it or want it laying around. It might not be worth transferring multiple times if you're trying to turn over a penny, but it's a good gun to throw in your collection, sure. The price though... maybe you need some balance.
View attachment 1192171
If he's really going to trade it for whatever it is thst you have valued at $900, then yes, I'd do it.
The "used" price in this screenshot links to a 1911-22 and I'm not able to find that 9mm in stock anywhere for anything less than $900. Most are significantly more.

I love 1911's but believe 9mm is not best launched from a heavy single stack platform.
I'd take a cheaper CZ75 over it any & everyday

If you do want a 9mm 1911 I'd l weigh it against other options from Springfield and DW. That it used to sell for $1200 doesn't mean much if you can get a better gun for $900.

I love 1911's but believe 9mm is not best launched from a heavy single stack platform.
I'd take a cheaper CZ75 over it any & everyday

If you do want a 9mm 1911 I'd l weigh it against other options from Springfield and DW. That it used to sell for $1200 doesn't mean much if you can get a better gun for $900.

That's what I'm asking, is there something better in that ballpark? $900 to $1,200.