JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What? I'm an M4C member and that's VERY old news. Some SIG's are assembled here from imported parts, some are imported complete--it varies by model.

If I'm buying foreign I'm sticking to either Aimpoint or DI Optical, personally--at least they keep our money with nominal allies. (DI is South Korean and very "corrective optics" friendly for us four-eyes types.)
Just think it's funny how you're popping up. Same picture and everything, it's great.

Thanks for pointing out that Holosun is a Chinese company, I'll probably stick with my Vortex and Sigs. Hopefully I can find a deal on an Eotech tho...

Profits are still going to a chinese company. You think Holosun sells them to sig at cost? They make a profit too. You get to pay for sigs profit and holosuns profit.

If it really was that simple...

Based on your assumption that the manufacturer company and Holosun are one and the same, then yes Holosun is part of the profit.

My assumption is that there are three companies, Optics Manufacturer, Holosun and Sig Optics.

In both assumptions some Chinese company is making money. But in the model that I propose, the lion share of the profit goes to Sig.

There are many USA companies that farm out manufacturing to China and other Asian countries.

As a consumer, I would rather choose a USA based company than a foreign company.

To each their own. Walmart share price and YOY profitability shows how much the average US citizen really cares about where products are manufactured.

I would say no to that.
SIG has a Wilsonville, OR presence now.

Yep. It's their main electro-optics design facility. Wilsonville used to have a nice little collection of 'em with Crimson Trace there, but I think those guys have moved somewhere else.

I've got R5's on a couple of my PCCs and they're solid. Very happy with SIG optics, especially since they seem to not cause me additional difficulty with my astigmatism.

Yep. It's their main electro-optics design facility. Wilsonville used to have a nice little collection of 'em with Crimson Trace there, but I think those guys have moved somewhere else.

I've got R5's on a couple of my PCCs and they're solid. Very happy with SIG optics, especially since they seem to not cause me additional difficulty with my astigmatism.
My R1P is on a P320 Legion and it's been great.
Plug and play on the factory milled slide.

Unfortunately for SIG, the Romeo1 has a less than stellar reputation and many shooters have written off SIG red dots due to the R1

My R1P is on a P320 Legion and it's been great.
Plug and play on the factory milled slide.

Unfortunately for SIG, the Romeo1 has a less than stellar reputation and many shooters have written off SIG red dots due to the R1
Same (on the R1P) - I wasn't sure about the X5 Legion until Legion Camp. That and the R1P pairing is my favorite handgun pairing currently.

As I hear it:
Sig optics came about from a group of Leupold engineers wanting to do BDX and fudd Leupold management telling them no. So they went to Sig and said "hey wanna do optics?" Notice how Sig Optics and Leupold HQ just so happen to be a 30 minute drive from each other?

Some of Sig's gov contracts require their optics to made in the US so a work around for that is to have assembly or a certain number of parts made in the US. Assembly is a big part of what they do there.

As I hear it:
Sig optics came about from a group of Leupold engineers wanting to do BDX and fudd Leupold management telling them no. So they went to Sig and said "hey wanna do optics?" Notice how Sig Optics and Leupold HQ just so happen to be a 30 minute drive from each other?
That's a bit of a stretch.
Cite your source.

Some of Sig's gov contracts require their optics to made in the US so a work around for that is to have assembly or a certain number of parts made in the US. Assembly is a big part of what they do there.
Never heard of a SIG optic being selected for use by the US military.
Example please.

DD
Who's not trying to be a harda$$
Just wanting backup for above claims.

As I hear it:

That'd be tricky since ITAR is more than assembly, it also focuses on sourcing.

I don't think SIG has done any large optics contracts with the government. I'm sure they'd like to, but I don't think they have enough of a presence in the U.S. from soup-to-nuts to do so. Exeter is all guns. And cans too, I think. Although finding their cans in the wild has been difficult-to-impossible for about 18 months.

@DirectDrive
Source: someone I know who works there. Hence the "As I hear it" qualifier.

But in support of that linkedin says the head of Sig optics previously worked at Leupold as VP of marketing and technology.
I can't be bothered to research the rest of the staff, but I would wager they tell a similar tale. I can't find a source but IIRC leupold lobbied for the ban of BDX and systems like it for hunting in Oregon.

As for optics, off the top of my head I know there was widespread adoption of the Romeo4M amongst the alphabet agencies and the Tango6T won a sizable army contract.

That'd be tricky since ITAR is more than assembly, it also focuses on sourcing.

I don't think SIG has done any large optics contracts with the government. I'm sure they'd like to, but I don't think they have enough of a presence in the U.S. from soup-to-nuts to do so. Exeter is all guns. And cans too, I think. Although finding their cans in the wild has been difficult-to-impossible for about 18 months.

SIG has won optics contracts for the SDMR contract, the Socom contract and recently the DVO contract.

I had a romeo 5 that stripped the mounting screws while on the front of my 10" ak. It kept loosening and the 3rd time i saw that the threads were stripped. No hassle exchangeg, contacted sig, send it in, go a new one no questions asked.

Still dont know how that happened but it did. I now have the romeo 5 on a 22lr AR. And put something else on the ak.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top