JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Romeo for my 9mm AR and I liked it so much that I got one for my AR pistol. They are motion-activated on/off and made by Holosun, I am told. One was $119 and the other was $125 IIRC. Romeo 5

Last Edited:
They are good little optics. One of the better red dots for my astigmatism, they seem to hold up to being thrown around, rifles, PCCs, machine guns, whatever you throw at them.

Pretty sure Sig Sauer makes them, and makes them well. I've thought about getting one, but figured I should get something to put it on first.

I'm thinking they have manufacturing right here in Oregon. A quick google search for Sig Electro Optics has links to Glassdoor and Indeed with job description "Supervisor, Assembly Electro Optics"

Pretty sure Sig Sauer makes them, and makes them well. I've thought about getting one, but figured I should get something to put it on first.

I'm thinking they have manufacturing right here in Oregon. A quick google search for Sig Electro Optics has links to Glassdoor and Indeed with job description "Supervisor, Assembly Electro Optics"
You'll have to look at the boxes. I know most of the Romeos say "Designed by SIG in Oregon. Assembled in China". I can take a picture of one later on today.

Found a link instead.

Last Edited:
Most of the optics below $500 are made in China. Mike from SwampFox says there are about 40 locations in China that produce optics. Many times, the facilities research department will come up with additional features and start asking the sellers if they would like that option on their product.

It isn't that Holosun makes Sig products, more like the facility has multiple lines.

We really should open more factories here stateside...

Cost... employing US for assembly line tasks is expensive compared to labor costs elsewhere.

However, design and proof of concept is worth the expense and definitely worth the quality difference.

With all of this said... I'd rather buy a Sig Optic than Holosun. Even if they come from the same assembly line, at least the profit is going to a USA-German company.

Not contracted to holosun either. They are made in China.

Made by Holosun. It's, Romeo 5, Holosun brother is the HS403GL. Contracted by Sig. Holosun makes the Romeo line of red dots.

Maybe you can tell me where in China is this mysterious factory you keep referring to. China is pretty big.

In case you didn't know, Holosun is a chinese company.

Cost... employing US for assembly line tasks is expensive compared to labor costs elsewhere.

However, design and proof of concept is worth the expense and definitely worth the quality difference.

With all of this said... I'd rather buy a Sig Optic than Holosun. Even if they come from the same assembly line, at least the profit is going to a USA-German company.
Profits are still going to a chinese company. You think Holosun sells them to sig at cost? They make a profit too. You get to pay for sigs profit and holosuns profit.

What? I'm an M4C member and that's VERY old news. Some SIG's are assembled here from imported parts, some are imported complete--it varies by model.

If I'm buying foreign I'm sticking to either Aimpoint or DI Optical, personally--at least they keep our money with nominal allies. (DI is South Korean and very "corrective optics" friendly for us four-eyes types.)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top