JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking a lot about getting a Sig MCX Rattler in .300 AAC but Whew! $2400.
So, what does the Sig do that an AR pistol at 1/3 the price, can't? I know it can get smaller than any AR pistol, not having a buffer tube, but is size the only difference?

Ugh. I have the same thoughts on the Rattler. Want, but ouch $2400... Seeing as how Sig changes their model lineup so often now, I think I'll just wait until they discontinue it and buy it at half off.

At that price, why not spend a little more for the B&T APC 300?
Well,
It's almost $500 more and it's way bigger than the Rattler.
re: Q Honey Badger--The price is a little less, but again, not as compact as the Rattler
Still, this one bears looking at

A 7.5 inch .300 black out palmetto pistol for about $500 is a very nice traveling companion, though, someone with very specific tastes may prefer the Sig and the price tag. That being said, if wanting something that fires folded is preferred, a palmetto AK pistol for $700-900 also does that.

Some people have very strong opinions of brands and price tags. If you don't feel right about spending $2400 on the rattler compared to other choices, that won't change.

A 7.5 inch .300 black out palmetto pistol for about $500 is a very nice traveling companion, though, someone with very specific tastes may prefer the Sig and the price tag. That being said, if wanting something that fires folded is preferred, a palmetto AK pistol for $700-900 also does that.

Some people have very strong opinions of brands and price tags. If you don't feel right about spending $2400 on the rattler compared to other choices, that won't change.
Well, I can talk myself into buying just about anything.:)

ps Have a PSA pistol and not a great fan of it. One more reason I am looking at the SIg

Well, I can talk myself into buying just about anything.:)

ps Have a PSA pistol and not a great fan of it. One more reason I am looking at the SIg

What lead you to be not a fan of it?

I wonder is a few accessories would fix that. For example, I thought the AR10 I had kicked ridiculously and I didn't enjoy shooting it, put a adjustable gas block on it for about $70 and it made me appreciate it again.

It arrived with the gas block out of whack and the gas port not properly reamed. That needed a gunsmith to make the gun function properly. And the finish is rough
It just felt like QC was left out of the package.
PSA was willing to take the upper back but I'd already had the work done.

It arrived with the gas block out of whack and the gas port not properly reamed. That needed a gunsmith to make the gun function properly. And the finish is rough
It just felt like QC was left out of the package.
PSA was willing to take the upper back but I'd already had the work done.

Makes sense. I've been fortunate to not have any issues, but I get it sours the experience.

If price were no issue, everything I own would be Sig/HK. But I have a mortgage and an hourly job, so price is an issue. That being said, if you buy something different, you may still want the rattler at which point, you'll be right back where you started, but with a smaller bank account the second time around, making $2400 that much steeper a price. If the rattler is what you're lusting after and you can afford it, that's what you should buy.

If price were no issue, everything I own would be Sig/HK. But I have a mortgage and an hourly job, so price is an issue. That being said, if you buy something different, you may still want the rattler at which point, you'll be right back where you started, but with a smaller bank account the second time around, making $2400 that much steeper a price. If the rattler is what you're lusting after and you can afford it, that's what you should buy.
Amen
Buy once, cry once

I own both a Rattler and the Canebrake. Prob. my favorite braced pistol, rifle caliber to shoot. The biggest deal for me is how compact they are folded up and with the proper 1:5 twist for slow heavy subs. That 1:5 twist is outstanding for subs, it loves 208 or 220grn and is crazy accurate for how small the whole package is. Put on the 7.62 supressor and just grin with each "Thud......thwap" you shoot. SIG got it right with this thing.

Canebrake: Its a factory Rattler with a trigger job and oversized handgard to work with a supressor. Ok and FDE/Back combo. It comes with a "trainning devise" to hold the place of the supressor if you dont have one to put on yet.
mcx-rattler-cane-right_1.jpg
BTW: There is a NEW IN BOX rattler in the classifieds for $2k right now. Killer deal.

I own both a Rattler and the Canebrake. Prob. my favorite braced pistol, rifle caliber to shoot. The biggest deal for me is how compact they are folded up and with the proper 1:5 twist for slow heavy subs. That 1:5 twist is outstanding for subs, it loves 208 or 220grn and is crazy accurate for how small the whole package is. Put on the 7.62 supressor and just grin with each "Thud......thwap" you shoot. SIG got it right with this thing.

Canebrake: Its a factory Rattler with a trigger job and oversized handgard to work with a supressor. Ok and FDE/Back combo. It comes with a "trainning devise" to hold the place of the supressor if you dont have one to put on yet.
View attachment 624797
BTW: There is a NEW IN BOX rattler in the classifieds for $2k right now. Killer deal.
Thank you for the info from your first hand experience
I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle for an interstate deal but that is a helluva price!
Thanks
for sharing the link.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class