JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a holster for this gun a couple of years ago. I don't remember there being a lot of of holster options. I got the Retention Roto Holster Sig Sauer SIG Pro Sp2022 from Amazon.com. It's owb holster. It works fine but it's not good for concealed carry unless you are wearing a big jacket. The holster really pushes the gun out from your body.

Here are my iwb and owb holsters, along with owb sig mag pouch.

owb: Blackhawk serpa
Love this holster, I have a roto for a different gun and it is not always 100% on a quick draw. I think this is because the Roto requires too long of a push down, and the release is at the very bottom. With the serpa, the push is very short, and I don't have any issues quick drawing. Retention is awesome, it comes with the paddle as shown, or belt loop through, along with hooks to secure it to your belt. It's not coming off anytime soon.

(Note: there is a bad rep for Serpas with some people accidentally shooting themselves, and I believe it is because they are curling their index finger to push down on the release, like the rota requires, instead of keeping the finger straight and using a "flat" down motion to release.)

This setup is great for cold weather carry, any jacket will conceal this setup. I can even get by with a zip up hoodie unzipped like a jacket and it's pretty inconspicuous.

iwb: Alien Gear 2.0 Neoprene backing
Also love this holster. I like that the neoprene backing is very soft and flexible, so there's no break in required. You can see the adjustment screw holes and the adjustments are awesome, you can have it ride really low for deep CC so the grip barely pokes out, or you can have it ride high for easiest draw. I have it in the middle, and it barely prints, even with just a t-shirt on!

I'm still working on a summer carry conceal mag pouch.

DSC07149_zpsb95d622b.jpg DSC07151_zps4e99d83e.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm getting the alien gear. Watched a lot of reviews on it and it looks awesome! What model is the serpa? I love serpa holsters but can't find one for the sig. I appreciate it!!

On the Serpa, it's your lucky day my friend!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...gpro-2022-serpa-cqc-r-w-bl-pd-410508bk-r.html

$14.99!

I just bought another one, and with my original one I paid over $30.

It's the same one I have, (serpa cqc) and it has only the release as retention, no thumbstrap or anything else. I think that's enough for concealed carry.

On the Alien Gear, good choice, I'm not a big guy, so I didn't think I could CC a full size like the sp2022, but surprisingly it's very comfortable and I can carry it all day long.

Damn thanks! That's a crazy deal. And I'm not "big" either. 6'2" 155. So I'm looking into probably getting a glock 27, or compact sig. But I'm gonna order the alien gear just to check it out and try. For 35 bucks you can't really not give it a shot!

I was also watching a review on cc'ing the 2022, and the guy had a really good idea. Ordering the flush mount bottom plate for the magazines removes alot of the "print" while cc. And still gives you enough surface area to get your pinky finger on it. Definetly another thing I'm looking into for it!

Damn thanks! That's a crazy deal. And I'm not "big" either. 6'2" 155. So I'm looking into probably getting a glock 27, or compact sig. But I'm gonna order the alien gear just to check it out and try. For 35 bucks you can't really not give it a shot!

For sure, I love finding deals on guns and gear! I had to buy another one the price was so low! The alien gear I ended up doing the combo, two for $57, as I have a sig p290rs as a back up gun. Now that baby sig disappears in the alien gear! I was planning on using that also as the summer shorts and tshirt gun, but with the sp2022 being so easy to carry, might has well have the 15+1!

I was also watching a review on cc'ing the 2022, and the guy had a really good idea. Ordering the flush mount bottom plate for the magazines removes alot of the "print" while cc. And still gives you enough surface area to get your pinky finger on it. Definetly another thing I'm looking into for it!

Good idea on that, let me know how that goes. I'm also looking into conceal mag carriers, and this looks promising versus the big paddle sig pouch. Slim, light, and right up against your body.

botach_2272_1358610658__04396141710447212801280_zps0799796e.jpg botach_2269_92633779__68383141710535312801280_zps12ba64d0.jpg

Interesting. Bravo concealment and crossbreed make iwb double and single mag carriers as well. Or picking up a horizontal double or single owb would probably conceal a little easier

Thanks, I'll look into those. I really want to have two extra mags with me no matter what I'm carrying. After reading about some situations where as many as 30 shots were fired by the ccw victim, you never know.

I wonder how comfortable an iwb mag carrier would be. I would need to buy all new pants at least 3in wider to fit the gun and two mags!

I ordered the Alien Gear combo deal. I havent got them yet but they are pretty close to the 2-3 week delivery from order date. Ordered the 22nd last month and got a shipped email yesterday. So sounds like they are keeping up fairly well. I understand they dont actually have the holsters made already they are made for you when its ordered so thats cool.

I got mine yesterday and tried them both on. The new cloak tuck II is amazingly comfortable. The neoprene backing is very nice against the skin after a few minutes it was hard to notice I was carrying. They also come with a hardware set on a very nice little plastic hardware holder thing and also the allen wrench for making the changes. Oh and best of all Alien Gear stickers! One of the emails said any order with the cloak tuck II holster would ship 2-3 weeks and if not 1-2 weeks. Since I ordered the II i got my holsters about 1 day past 3 weeks. So for 68 bucks shipped for 2 very nice holsters im happy with my purchase.

Awesome man! Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the update! Looks like I'll definetly be ordering one here soon! Have heard nothing but good stuff about alien so far!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top