JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a new 9mm polymer, was looking around, saw these at a decent price.

I am going to fire all three here shortly, but i am looking for opinions on accuracy, ease of field stripping, and overall reliability. Any problems You've had with them? tell me about it. I am set on 9mm, dont try to get me to go .40. that will be a different purchase, a different day.

I went through exactly this same debate. I handled all three. I fired the XD and the Smith. Which did I buy?
None of the above. I bought Cz 75 SP-01 Phantom. Beat them all for ergonomics, accuracy, and capacity. Not to mention the longest name I've seen on a handgun in a while. Can't speak to reliability yet, as I've only put 100ish rounds through it, but everything I've read points to impeccable reliability.
Any of the three you listed are fine weapons, with maybe a slight edge to the S&W, but I'd urge you to take a look at the plastic, err, polymer Cz.

I have had the sig pro and the xd I prefer a steel framed sig. The nice thing about the sig is double/ single action. I carry a p239 but I sold my sig pro and got a new XD. So out of all that you have listed I would go the XD route.... sorry to make things confusing.

yes, i am well aware of the reliability and accuracy of the CZ pistols... saw a new CZ 75B for $449 when I bought my bulgarian makarov.... too bad i didnt have 180 more dollars....

I also like the sig p239, but tis a bit out of price range.... the primary reason im looking at polymer frames...

the 2022 is a great gun with a good da/sa with a fat grip
the xd9 has a sloppier trigger and a seemingly low bore axis for a striker gun (very minor thing but weird for a glock shooter in terms of feel)
the m&p9 has never won me over. has a bad trigger. grip altho very adjustable doesn't fit my hand and several PD's have returned their shipments of M&P for failures. I think they ended up getting HKs or SIGSauers or something like that

if i had to go with one...I guess it'd be the xd9. But that's only b/c they're relatively trouble free, strong primer strikes, and magazines are cheaply obtained thru mec-gar. holster options are numerous as well.

oh and just fyi, fn was offering a 2 for 1 deal to officer purchases. Glock LE prices are about 400. Hard to beat getting two fn 9mm's for 500 with extra mags and holster bonus sets. i'm sure departments were getting this offer too, yet....i don't know of any PD locally that has picked up on that offer (last time I saw it was...7 months ago).

Of the pistols you mentioned in poly I have the Sig SP2022(others, Sig P6, CZ PO-1, Colt Combat Commander, FNHP & Makarov in 9mm) in 9mm. The Sig is steal at this moment, night sites, interchangeable grips, good ergonomics, Sig quality, saw a $399 add, and some at $439. I'm thinking of getting a second one. Can't go wrong with a Sig. Bill

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top