JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, your right. So you have to walk around with this thing cocked and locked like a 1911? So un-Sig like.

There could be a cool sociological study made out of this. What does your gun say about you? I like a DA/SA with no safety but am not comfortable at all with 1911s.

Yeah, your right. So you have to walk around with this thing cocked and locked like a 1911? So un-Sig like.

There could be a cool sociological study made out of this. What does your gun say about you? I like a DA/SA with no safety but am not comfortable at all with 1911s.

Actually, there's been a 220 SAO model for quite some time. I don't like the ambidextrous safety, because the safety could become disengaged being on the outside of the body, which is more prone to getting hit hard enough to disengage a safety. Why aren't you comfortable with a 1911?

On a Sig DA/SA, one thumb motion and you de-cock your weapon. On a 1911, it takes two hands. Sometimes it is cold or I have gloves and I worry about slipping and dropping the hammer.

I've started to shoot IDPA and usually decock between targets as I am going through the exercises. I also go out to the woods and run-n-gun. Same there, i am constantly stepping my weapon down before moving over un-even ground or around bushes or logs. It is nice to encorporate that extra measure of safety but still be able to fire without having a safety to negotiate. I guess I would have the same issues with a glock or any other striker fired hand gun, so it is not exclusive to 1911s. The biggest hurdle is mastering the first shot, second shot transition.

It's actually really dangerous to drop a hammer without a decocking lever. The 1911 was designed to be carried cocked and locked. There's a manual safety, grip safety, and a half cock. If the manual safety were to disengage, and somehow the grip safety was engaged at the same time, unless you have something pulling the trigger, the hammer will only go to half cock in the event of a catastrophic failure causing the firearm to drop the hammer.

Some of the custom shop pistols turn out pretty nice, without being atrocious or offensive. And plenty shootable.

photo9-1_zps377219e6.jpg