JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
had one since 2013 and never once had the safety come off, pocket, IWB or AIWB carry. I have a Crossbreed AIWB holster, Hidden Hybred IWB, and a home made pocket holster that completely covers the trigger and does not collapse when empty, I can re-holster without removing the pocket holster and the hard side does not allow outside object to push into the trigger area like many of the commercial soft pocket holsters.
When the gun was new I did have malfunctions feeding hollowpoints. I took a chance and spent a couple hundred rounds training with the pistol and it has not malfunctioned since. First gun ever that needed a break in...
The gun has a firing pin block and a half cock notch to back up the manual safety. Again, a proper holster will always completely cover and protect the trigger area.

The gun is not a true 1911 but compliments them well. You can administrative load and unload the gun with the safety on... a really nice feature.

The biggest drawback to the gun is cleaning... do not allow the firing pin block lever, which is mounted on the frame, to drop down into the frame while cleaning. It can be most difficult to prevent this when re-assembling when you have to push it down flush with the top of the frame to get the slide on, you have to take the grips off to reset the lever if you go too far and too far is not that much farther than flush with the top of the frame..

The full size nightsights are awesome and give the tiny gun a sight picture that feels similar to a full size for fast sights on target.... the gun is every bit as accurate as full size carry guns. The extended mags are awesome for belt carry but the fat base pad is easily removable to carry a spare more comfortably in your pocket. I recommend keeping at least one of the flush 6rd mags for pocket carry.

I'm impressed with the little Siggies.
I've plans to pick up two P938's for my soul mate and I when they're reasonable. I found 7rd mags for $30/ea and picked up four of those already.

When I started this thread, I was not surprised by the 938's that come up for sale in the handgun classifieds. It's a shame. If they were close, I may be interested!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top