JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I recently purchased a Sig P6 and took the time this evening to completely disassemble and clean it. It appears as though the German Police were not taught to clean their firearms as I have never seen anything quite as dirty. With it being a trade-in there is quite a bit of wear and tear on the frame. I was thinking of purchasing some new wood grips, replacing the springs and maybe getting it refinished. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local source for refinishing the firearm and possibly someone that would be able to install new springs. All help is much appreciated.

Regards, UAV

7022738959_7531c310df_c.jpg
Sig P6 by UAV1, on Flickr

UAV

Talk to Jason over at Twisted Firearms. He does high quality work at a very reasonable price. and can install the new springs for you when he reassembles your P6.
Twisted Firearms LLC
He did a EAA witness for me a few moths ago and it came out looking awsone.

Last Edited:
And if you looking for the spring kit. <broken link removed>

Pretty easy to install it all your self, maybe also consider new mag springs, the Wolff extra power ones are nice.

The P6 sure is nice, I really like mine.

I attempted to get in contact with Twisted Firearms but have not heard back from them. Any other suggestions for local refinishing? I remember meeting someone at the gun show up here but don't remember their name.

I had Jake at Twisted Firearms refinish the Slide on my Sig Sauer P6 and I could not be happier. He did an excellent job and had it back to me in less than a week.

After being blasted with a aluminum oxide and after being refinished in Socom Flat Black.

New_Slide.jpg

New_Slide.jpg

I also highly recommend Jake at Twisted Firearms... He just finished my P6 and it looks amazing.
He is a very busy guy with his day job...

Hello,

I recently purchased a Sig P6 and took the time this evening to completely disassemble and clean it. It appears as though the German Police were not taught to clean their firearms as I have never seen anything quite as dirty. With it being a trade-in there is quite a bit of wear and tear on the frame. I was thinking of purchasing some new wood grips, replacing the springs and maybe getting it refinished. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local source for refinishing the firearm and possibly someone that would be able to install new springs. All help is much appreciated.

Regards, UAV

7022738959_7531c310df_c.jpg
Sig P6 by UAV1, on Flickr

Not to threadjack, but I've also had sigs and when you open them up you would swear they threw dirts at them while they lubed them, my P229 I removed the grips and scraped stuff out of the moving parts, I wish I could find a complete strip down manual or walk though so I could really get mine clean.

But I've seen a lot of Twisted firearms work in Pictures on Facebook, and if I could ever strip my Sig down I will probally end up sending my P229 into him for a nice flat black on the slide, and a dark graphite color