Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P6

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by UAV, Mar 27, 2012.

1. UAV

UAV PDX Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a Sig P6 and took the time this evening to completely disassemble and clean it. It appears as though the German Police were not taught to clean their firearms as I have never seen anything quite as dirty. With it being a trade-in there is quite a bit of wear and tear on the frame. I was thinking of purchasing some new wood grips, replacing the springs and maybe getting it refinished. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local source for refinishing the firearm and possibly someone that would be able to install new springs. All help is much appreciated.

Regards, UAV

7022738959_7531c310df_c.jpg
    Sig P6 by UAV1, on Flickr

2. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

UAV

Talk to Jason over at Twisted Firearms. He does high quality work at a very reasonable price. and can install the new springs for you when he reassembles your P6.
    Twisted Firearms LLC
    He did a EAA witness for me a few moths ago and it came out looking awsone.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. UAV

UAV PDX Member

Thank you AndyH

4. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

And if you looking for the spring kit. SIG P225 9mm PARTS KIT - Top Gun Supply

Pretty easy to install it all your self, maybe also consider new mag springs, the Wolff extra power ones are nice.

The P6 sure is nice, I really like mine.

5. UAV

UAV PDX Member

I attempted to get in contact with Twisted Firearms but have not heard back from them. Any other suggestions for local refinishing? I remember meeting someone at the gun show up here but don't remember their name.

6. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Jake is a good guy, I know he has a day job and tends to answer his emails in the evenings. I am sure he will be in touch soon.

7. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Interesting. I bought one a few years ago from CDNN and the insides were clean as a whistle...

8. All2kool

All2kool Portland, OR Active Member

I had Jake at Twisted Firearms refinish the Slide on my Sig Sauer P6 and I could not be happier. He did an excellent job and had it back to me in less than a week.

After being blasted with a aluminum oxide and after being refinished in Socom Flat Black.

New_Slide.jpg

New_Slide.jpg

9. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

I also highly recommend Jake at Twisted Firearms... He just finished my P6 and it looks amazing.
    He is a very busy guy with his day job...

10. .40cal EMT

.40cal EMT Portland, OR Member

Not to threadjack, but I've also had sigs and when you open them up you would swear they threw dirts at them while they lubed them, my P229 I removed the grips and scraped stuff out of the moving parts, I wish I could find a complete strip down manual or walk though so I could really get mine clean.

But I've seen a lot of Twisted firearms work in Pictures on Facebook, and if I could ever strip my Sig down I will probally end up sending my P229 into him for a nice flat black on the slide, and a dark graphite color

11. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

UAV - look at my post at the top of this discussion on my P6 I just got back from Twisted Firearms...they do AMAZING work!

12. gotboost

gotboost Vantucky, Washington New Member

I know this is an older thread but I had Jake coat my P6 also. Turned out great and couldn't be happier with the results and customer service.
    utf-8Bc2lncDZibGFja2FuZHRhbi5qcGc.jpg

13. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I had one that was from early 1980s, jhp ammo may not feed reliably. So either get some work done to the feed ramp or use pow'r ball ammo. I liked mine but didn't like the capacity.