JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a SIG P365 the other day. Took it out and ran a few hundred rounds through it today. Man, what a great gun. Didnt skip a beat. 12 round mags in a tiny package . Off hand one hand shooting I was shooting at and hitting spent shell casings at 10 yards Amazing gun. Great trigger for a striker gun. Totally sold on the concept.

Gonna run an optic on it?

I like the idea of these micros, but I need just a lil' more girth on them so I throw a Hogue on to make them comfy.
I really want a Xmacro or XL model. I had the base 365 a little over a year after launch and the teething issue with strikers breaking (delayed my initial buy). Shoots great for a micro surprisingly. They've got great aftermarket options now and plenty of holsters to accommodate lights/optics too.

I like it as it right now. Maybe go to an RMR in the future as I have the model with the RMR cut and 12 rd grip. I see Wilson has grip modules for cheap. Thinking about it.

Nice.

I have been using this optic now for a while with good results.

Only dislike is they put the button right on the inside behind the lens for controlling brightness. You need a pen or something to reliably get it, fingers just smudge up the inside lens. BUT it is holding a zero and hitting where the dot is along with good battery life thus far after a few months.

Try the maguts kit in those magazines it adds 2 rounds and makes them easier to load. I've got about 350 rounds through the one I have (some gold dots) and so far it has run flawlessly.

I wouldn't go with the Romeo but maybe the Vortex or preferably the Leupold sight..

If you go with anything but a Romeo, Shield RMSc, or Holosun 407/507K or EPS Carry sight - you may need an adapter plate. The RMRcc uses its own unique footprint, and I don't think Leupold makes a sight small enough for the 365?

I picked up the X-Macro a few weeks ago and installed a 507K - the Holosun fits the footprint exactly. No adapter needed.

OF98CBO.jpg

rwwei1L.jpg

Does the xmacro have light bearing accommodating holsters now?
There are half a dozen makers I know who are making holsters for them. I make my own kydex rigs, and made a temp holster out of scrap I had laying around until my next batch of kydex comes this week.

And if you prefer leather

I carry full size guns but that 365X Macro is super tempting.
Ohyeah - I've been carrying full size or mid-size guns almost exclusively, but wanted a smaller / slimmer package for certain dress modes. I was going to get either a 365XL or Hellcat Pro - then they dropped the X-Macro. I found a gently used one in trade that came with the TLR-7Sub - which was nice because I traded my PDP with the TLR-7A and 507C for it. For what these are retailing for it was a straight value trade, vs the scalping I've seen on them.

Here's some more comparisons to get an idea on actual size. I will say the X-Macro has THE most comfortable grip for me of any 365. It also is the only one with replaceable backstraps. I run the medium on it, and its perfect. The small, while not drastically different, is too small. The large isn't uncomfortable, but it does position my hand just so, that the dot doesn't always come up as it should. The medium is just right.

Eww60f3.jpg

I'm really impressed but kind of bewildered how they're cramming 17 rounds in the X-Macro magazine. Here's a shot comparing the regular Shield 9 mags - a 7 an 8 rounder, with the X-Macro, and then an OG Beretta 92 15-round mag.

ZbzjOeO.jpg

Dimensionally the Beretta 92 mags are the same as the X-Macro mags in depth and width. The X-Macro is half an inch shorter. The X-Macro mag tapers more at the top than the Beretta mag, that is to say, the taper begins further down the X-macro magazine body.

x41WRdL.jpg

wEJfmaT.jpg

3WQs2gi.jpg

I've played around a little with these magazines. I put the spring from the 92 in the X-Macro mag - I could only fit 14 rounds in the magazine, using the X-Macro follower. The Beretta follower did not play in the X-Macro body at all.

The X-Macro follower will fit in the Beretta body, but losely. Running the X-Macro spring with the Beretta follower was likewise difficult due to the protrusion below the follower and I think that is primarily why, with the X-Macro spring, I was not able to get more than 16 rounds in the Beretta magazine, and that 16th round really, really did not want to go in without using a LULA (kinda like the 17th round in the X-Macro mag though) which seemed odd, given the extra half-inch of magazine body on the Beretta mag. Since the Beretta mags are duty mags, I wasn't quite ready to start chopping up the base of the follower to see if I could get more rounds in by shortening it up.

It was really surprising, given the X-Macro spring wire is a lot thicker, and the spring itself not much shorter than the stock 92 mag spring.

kwTQFg2.jpg

On another magazine related note - I had an FFL I'm acquainted with from another forum say he was told by Sig's rep that spare magazines and grip modules for the X-Macro will not be sold individually until first quarter 2023 - so the 2 17-round mags the gun comes with are all you get until then. No one else has made a 17 round aftermarket mag. Funnily enough - the 15-round magazines Sig sells for the XL are actually longer - on the front strap at least - than the X-Macro mag and you can put the 15-round XL mag in the X-Macro grip and run that magazine. It looks funny because of the angle of the baseplate. Someone with a 3D printer or injection molding setup could probably make a bit of cash if they make a baseplate for the 15 rounders that fills the gap in the front strap.

WRewSSJ.png

Here's another where someone (not me) did some handy work to one of their mag baseplates, this is the best I've seen so far

CCdjutZ.png

It's really a dang shame that the Beretta mags will not insert far enough into the X-macro frame due to their shape - a few minutes with a dremel cutting the mag catch for the 365 and you'd probably have a good source for spare mags.

Ohyeah - I've been carrying full size or mid-size guns almost exclusively, but wanted a smaller / slimmer package for certain dress modes. I was going to get either a 365XL or Hellcat Pro - then they dropped the X-Macro. I found a gently used one in trade that came with the TLR-7Sub - which was nice because I traded my PDP with the TLR-7A and 507C for it. For what these are retailing for it was a straight value trade, vs the scalping I've seen on them.

Here's some more comparisons to get an idea on actual size. I will say the X-Macro has THE most comfortable grip for me of any 365. It also is the only one with replaceable backstraps. I run the medium on it, and its perfect. The small, while not drastically different, is too small. The large isn't uncomfortable, but it does position my hand just so, that the dot doesn't always come up as it should. The medium is just right.

View attachment 1289807

I'm really impressed but kind of bewildered how they're cramming 17 rounds in the X-Macro magazine. Here's a shot comparing the regular Shield 9 mags - a 7 an 8 rounder, with the X-Macro, and then an OG Beretta 92 15-round mag.

View attachment 1289808

Dimensionally the Beretta 92 mags are the same as the X-Macro mags in depth and width. The X-Macro is half an inch shorter. The X-Macro mag tapers more at the top than the Beretta mag, that is to say, the taper begins further down the X-macro magazine body.

View attachment 1289809

View attachment 1289810

View attachment 1289811

I've played around a little with these magazines. I put the spring from the 92 in the X-Macro mag - I could only fit 14 rounds in the magazine, using the X-Macro follower. The Beretta follower did not play in the X-Macro body at all.

The X-Macro follower will fit in the Beretta body, but losely. Running the X-Macro spring with the Beretta follower was likewise difficult due to the protrusion below the follower and I think that is primarily why, with the X-Macro spring, I was not able to get more than 16 rounds in the Beretta magazine, and that 16th round really, really did not want to go in without using a LULA (kinda like the 17th round in the X-Macro mag though) which seemed odd, given the extra half-inch of magazine body on the Beretta mag. Since the Beretta mags are duty mags, I wasn't quite ready to start chopping up the base of the follower to see if I could get more rounds in by shortening it up.

It was really surprising, given the X-Macro spring wire is a lot thicker, and the spring itself not much shorter than the stock 92 mag spring.

View attachment 1289812

On another magazine related note - I had an FFL I'm acquainted with from another forum say he was told by Sig's rep that spare magazines and grip modules for the X-Macro will not be sold individually until first quarter 2023 - so the 2 17-round mags the gun comes with are all you get until then. No one else has made a 17 round aftermarket mag. Funnily enough - the 15-round magazines Sig sells for the XL are actually longer - on the front strap at least - than the X-Macro mag and you can put the 15-round XL mag in the X-Macro grip and run that magazine. It looks funny because of the angle of the baseplate. Someone with a 3D printer or injection molding setup could probably make a bit of cash if they make a baseplate for the 15 rounders that fills the gap in the front strap.

View attachment 1289813

Here's another where someone (not me) did some handy work to one of their mag baseplates, this is the best I've seen so far

View attachment 1289814
That's exactly why I want a smaller gun. But not a "micro/subcompact." I'll continue to carry a full size gun but there are some scenarios/dress that requires a smaller gun.

I bought a 365X Tacpac three weeks ago. Then came down with Covid and was unable to test it out. I put a Holosun 507K green dot on it. Finally took it out last week. Fed it a variety of factory ammo as well as my own reloads with various weight bullets. Ran like a champ. Fits my hand just right. I really like the straight trigger. Accuracy was excellent and recoil is very manageable.

The tacpac comes with 3 magazines and a "plastic" holster. Wasn't very impressed with the holster as it was extremely difficult to get on your belt. Ended up buying a Don Hume IWB leather holster and magholder.

On another magazine related note - I had an FFL I'm acquainted with from another forum say he was told by Sig's rep that spare magazines and grip modules for the X-Macro will not be sold individually until first quarter 2023 - so the 2 17-round mags the gun comes with are all you get until then. No one else has made a 17 round aftermarket mag.
Thankfully, that was incorrect. Ordered a module and a few mags last week. They just arrived today! I see your macro, and raise you a much more effective comp. All I'm waiting on now is an EPS carry.

20221029_200341.jpg

Thankfully, that was incorrect. Ordered a module and a few mags last week. They just arrived today! I see your macro, and raise you a much more effective comp. All I'm waiting on now is an EPS carry.

View attachment 1301345
Yup. Picked up 6 extra mags already. May end up selling my macro slide to do the PMM comp on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top