JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Purchased mine in May same as born on month. I have more than 4000 rounds thru it and mine is a keeper. ONLY issue I've had with it is the sights. I do not like the them so i changed out to good old fashion contrast sights went with Sig 8 front/rear. FOR ME its much more accurate with 8 / 8, I shot low with 6 / 8 original sights. It is a good reliable shooter, has joined my concealed carry rotation

My buddy picked one up in Moscow Idaho last week, we shot it here in the back yard Saturday morning. It really is a great little gun, accurate and the recoil is managed week by the somewhat top heave designed slide assembly. Typical high quality SIG build quality. We shot a box of ball with it........will be interesting to see what it does with more exotic ammunition. He paid 428.00 for it and nearly bought all 3 they had in stock.

OK, I'm now at about 800 rounds with the P365 and zero issues. Mine has a build date of April 2018 and came with the X3 night sights that Sig used after the initial Siglite night sights in the first pistols flopped. Mine also has the barrel relief cuts and other stuff Sig did to preclude barrel peening and the like. I'm not seeing anything other than normally expected break in wear that I see on all my other pistols as the slide and barrel and other parts naturally mate during the break in period. The trigger has smoothed out even more than the already excellent function it had from the factory. It shoots to point of aim reliably if I do my part at distances of 10 yards and even farther if I concentrate. There are no signs of magazine etching/scratching from the trigger return spring (TRS) and no evidence that the TRS is in any danger of coming loose as it has on some of them. One thing to note is that the TRS has one attachment leg slightly longer than the other, at least on mine and others' pistols as well, and supposedly should be installed in a certain configuration. There's some thought that the problems with the TRS coming loose was that some of the springs were installed backwards or that they were trimmed incorrectly by the manufacturer. I can see how that might cause the problem, but I'm personally unsure whether that was really the issue or not.

The only concession I made to the Great God of Things That CouId Even Remotely Go Wrong, simply for my own peace of mind, was buying and installing one of the machined steel strikers from Lightning Strike to replace the Sig MIM striker that was apparently prone to having the striker tip break off. My own original striker showed no wear I could see when I changed it out for the new one. Still, I was impressed with the gun, intended on keeping it, and that was the one part I simply felt was worth replacing. Yeah, it cost me a bit. And yeah, I spent more on it than I probably should. But it's my gun, my money, and I like the thing enough to do it. Does that make me stupid? Probably, but my wife would argue it's only confirmation of her own assessment. She's a psychiatric nurse practitioner, so she's well qualified to assess someone with my own unique set of...well, traits.

In any case, the new striker is a simple installation if you're even moderately mechanical. And now I have the original striker to stick back in it if I ever have to send it back to Sig for work. One of the complaints people had was what they saw as excess primer swipe. My P365 does show noticeable primer swipe, even with the new striker, but my Walther PPS 9mm shows similar primer characteristics and always has.

So right now I'd say it's a gun I'm confident in carrying. I'll continue to shoot it and watch it, but I think the odds of something catastrophic happening at the exact point that I need it to work are infinitesimal and well within my own personal zone of confidence. It's an amazing little pistol (my two cents, anyway).

The only concession I made to the Great God of Things That CouId Even Remotely Go Wrong, simply for my own peace of mind, was buying and installing one of the machined steel strikers from Lightning Strike to replace the Sig MIM striker that was apparently prone to having the striker tip break off. My own original striker showed no wear I could see when I changed it out for the new one. Still, I was impressed with the gun, intended on keeping it, and that was the one part I simply felt was worth replacing. Yeah, it cost me a bit. And yeah, I spent more on it than I probably should. But it's my gun, my money, and I like the thing enough to do it. Does that make me stupid? Probably, but my wife would argue it's only confirmation of her own assessment. She's a psychiatric nurse practitioner, so she's well qualified to assess someone with my own unique set of...well, traits.

In any case, the new striker is a simple installation if you're even moderately mechanical. And now I have the original striker to stick back in it if I ever have to send it back to Sig for work. One of the complaints people had was what they saw as excess primer swipe. My P365 does show noticeable primer swipe, even with the new striker, but my Walther PPS 9mm shows similar primer characteristics and always has.

Mine was sent back to Exeter, NH for a second time due to the failure to extract issues it was exhibiting. They called me on Tuesday July 31, 2018 to get myy FFL information as they informed me that they would be replacing the pistol I had sent them for the second time. I haven't received the new P365 yet.

Now on to what I'm really here to ask you about is this, where did you find the upgraded striker for your P365? I've been been looking all over the webs searching for them without any success. Please share your source.

Finally got out to shoot mine today after a trip to SigSpa for new X-ray sights and a new replacement striker (without a shot fired). So what's the first thing I do? Violate the Sig warranty of course... 100 rounds of my 124gr reloads (Berry's and pickup trash brass). Popped 10 soda cans in a row at 15yds then proceeded to try to make this thing FTF/E for another 90 rounds. Even tolerated my daughter's limp wristed style. 100% score for function. Recoil compared to the P938 was perceptibly half. That's right, half. And 20% more firepower and it fits my P938 holsters great.
Ok I've gushed enough. I am now a fanboy and thinking about getting another.

@old11bravo -- For whatever reason Lightning Strike Products Inc. makes no mention of Sig strikers on their home page. My bet is they have someone else do their web page and haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyway, you have to first click on the "Glock Titanium Striker" link on the home page. That will then take you to another page where you can choose Titanium Strikers or Steel Strikers. If you choose the Steel Strikers item, that will then take you to another page where they list the P365 strikers for sale. Or you can just click HERE and it will take you right to the page. Be prepared for sticker shock, though. $99.99 is a bunch to pay for peace of mind. Or to prove you're stupid. My wife would say that in my case it's most definitely the latter case.

I have 4 and they all run fine, the 12rd mag is a plus if you have large hands
If you don't mind my asking, how much are you paying for the 12 round mags? Where do you get them?

When Sig finally replaced my lemon P365 with the new one (which has run great so far at 150 rounds) I had to pay the $25 transfer fee at my FFL. Called Sig CS again to complain about that and they said they would toss a 12 round mag in the mail to me for my troubles. :)

OK, I'm now at about 800 rounds with the P365 and zero issues. Mine has a build date of April 2018 and came with the X3 night sights that Sig used after the initial Siglite night sights in the first pistols flopped. Mine also has the barrel relief cuts and other stuff Sig did to preclude barrel peening and the like. I'm not seeing anything other than normally expected break in wear that I see on all my other pistols as the slide and barrel and other parts naturally mate during the break in period. The trigger has smoothed out even more than the already excellent function it had from the factory. It shoots to point of aim reliably if I do my part at distances of 10 yards and even farther if I concentrate. There are no signs of magazine etching/scratching from the trigger return spring (TRS) and no evidence that the TRS is in any danger of coming loose as it has on some of them. One thing to note is that the TRS has one attachment leg slightly longer than the other, at least on mine and others' pistols as well, and supposedly should be installed in a certain configuration. There's some thought that the problems with the TRS coming loose was that some of the springs were installed backwards or that they were trimmed incorrectly by the manufacturer. I can see how that might cause the problem, but I'm personally unsure whether that was really the issue or not.

So right now I'd say it's a gun I'm confident in carrying. I'll continue to shoot it and watch it, but I think the odds of something catastrophic happening at the exact point that I need it to work are infinitesimal and well within my own personal zone of confidence. It's an amazing little pistol (my two cents, anyway).

Ok, I've got 250 through mine but when I heard of all the issues I stopped shooting mine even though mine's been flawless. I'll get back out and get more rounds through it, the issue is I purchased it to replace my LCR .38 as my daily carry and lost confidence with it when all the issues came out, then just shelved it as a safe queen. So back to the range I go as I do want this gun to work as I intended.

Glad to hear the issues are being ironed out. I was confident Sig would fix the gun, it's a shame that so many people now have an initial impression of the pistol that will make them steer clear of what may be the best pocket gun available from a specs point of view.

Too bad I don't like micro compacts or striker guns, this would be on my list.

Good luck. I have a Walter PPS 9mm that was always my primary carry gun until I bought the P365. As nice as my P365 has been, I still am absolutely trusting of the PPS. It's just an amazing gun that shoots like a full size pistol, so I'm very likely going to be selling the P365 soon. There's just that little thing in the back of my mind that all the problems implanted, even though mine has been fine. Somebody will get one that's been problem free and has the new LSPI machined steel striker plus the original striker that ran fine as well, so it'll be as safe as anyone can make one now. I really think Sig blew it in the way they handled them on a one by one basis. If they'd done a full recall right off the bat, fixed the problems, and fully tested to ensure all the issues were fixed, they would have done a lot more to remove the doubt that existed. They should have learned from the problems they had with the drop fires on the P320. Sad to see that since the P365 is such a nice gun.

I'm pretty wary of anything new from Sig since the 320 and 365 issues. What ever happened to the iron clad dependability of the old P series??? Just can't bring myself to buy one despite my curiosity. To mirror a couple other comments, it'd take a considerable amount of persuasion to get me to dump my G33

Good luck. I have a Walter PPS 9mm that was always my primary carry gun until I bought the P365. As nice as my P365 has been, I still am absolutely trusting of the PPS.
It's gonna take something pretty special to pry my PPS offa my hip too.

Praise Be the early adopters! You guys go out and pay full retail and deal with all the lumps and bumps so poor, broke guys like me can pay less later. We appreciate that, thank you.

It's gonna take something pretty special to pry my PPS offa my hip too.

Praise Be the early adopters! You guys go out and pay full retail and deal with all the lumps and bumps so poor, broke guys like me can pay less later. We appreciate that, thank you.
Thank you, Jonnyuma (and yes, I'm old enough to remember that show). I wasn't an earliest adoptee, back when the PPS cost a real fistful of dollars (I saw that movie, too), but well before they dropped to the ridiculously low prices they fetch today. I did trade my original model for the Gen 2, but that was because I'd experienced the similar grips on the P99 AS and the PPQ I owned. That and the fact that I never liked the original PPS's backstraps that, when removed or accidentally broken, would render the pistol inoperable. The Gen 2 was one of those rare pistol upgrades that really made it a better firearm. That's as opposed to the Glock endless upgrades that don't really change much at all. They're like the Rocky movie series version of polymer framed pistols. The star just keeps getting older while his acting stays exactly the same. Or worse. And yes, I own a Glock 19 and like it. But I don't even know why.

I did trade my original model for the Gen 2,
I kept my .40 PPS Classic when I bought my 9mm M2. I sold my EDC German Makarov to buy it (a gun I really liked, but was a compromise on power vs size) back when they were kind of spendy. I still have the Classic .40 (I'm wearing it right now) and the 9mm M2... not much point in trying to sell either one. Like my XDMs, there's just no upside to it.. they work, don't take up that much space, and resale is in the toilet because they're so inexpensive now.

I don't remove the backstraps on my Walthers (PPQs, P99s, PPSses, SW99) so the "safety" should never become an issue. But I take your point that it was a misstep by Walther.

I shot my first one at the range. I tested trigger, then loaded and took a
single 1 hand shot. Nice gun. I took only 1 shot because it hit dead center,
but the guy who owned it had shots all around the center on 5 targets. Didn't want to make
him feel bad. Several men and women where I work have them, my niece just got one.
nice package.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top