JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I violated all of my "Don't buy anything unproven" rules and jumped on a new Sig Sauer P365 9mm on Gunbroker. Yes, I paid pretty much MSRP. No, now that I have it, I'm feeling OK with that decision. It looks and feels totally Sig in terms of build quality, trigger, and everything else. It comes with some wizardry process that enabled them to stuff 11 rounds of 9mm (10 + 1) into a gun that's far slimmer and lighter than a Glock 26, has factory night sights standard, allows a full grip in the mag with the pinky extension, and that feels as solid as anything Sig makes. All in something you can easily hide in your pocket if IWB isn't possible, as it often isn't for me. I can't actually shoot it for another month until my cervical spine heals up to the point it can handle recoil. But I can still hold it and look at it. Very cool little pistol. Here's a shot of it with a quarter for size reference. The blue is just to cover the SN.
P365-2.jpg

Got mine yesterday at Cabelas in Tulalip for $529. Last one in stock. Unfortunately found later that night the front sight tritium insert is depleted, so it's going back to Sig for a new one as well as for an upgraded firing pin. Didn't even get to fire a shot before finding out it's defective.

Got mine yesterday at Cabelas in Tulalip for $529. Last one in stock. Unfortunately found later that night the front sight tritium insert is depleted, so it's going back to Sig for a new one as well as for an upgraded firing pin. Didn't even get to fire a shot before finding out it's defective.

You didn't notice or check the trits in the store?

How did the upgrade on the firing pin come to be? Did they (Sig CS) have you test the one you have?

If I wasn't so heavily invested in Glock pistols, holsters, magazines, spares & knowledge about maintenance, I would definitely get one of these.

However, at this point, a new pistol would have to be absolutely revolutionary to get me to switch everything out.

I hope it works out well for you.

If I wasn't so heavily invested in Glock pistols, holsters, magazines, spares & knowledge about maintenance, I would definitely get one of these.

However, at this point, a new pistol would have to be absolutely revolutionary to get me to switch everything out.

if you put lipstick on a turd I'd throw my glock in the crick

not really

I'll never leave my Glocks for reasons you mentioned but even if I were it wouldn't be this pistol with all the issues Sig has been having. I would wait for the beta testers and about the third gen or so.

And Sig WTF is it this "Sig rail" BS? HK did something similar in the 90's when they were ahead of the game but in 2018 is it too much to ask for a universal or at least PIC rail?

Just back from 2nd range trip. Now has 225 rounds various at 115/124/147 plated/lead/hollow point.

100% perfect function so far.
Got home to find new spare mags arrived. The hand feel is superb for my grip and the new extra length even better. Another range trip is being booked:)

Keep the range reports coming, fellas!!

My first focus was on 'groups' on paper @ 25'. I found my POA was not my POI, being off by 2" left & 3" low, consistently. After my initial few boxes, I adjusted my POA to be 2" more right, & 3" higher. Started getting groupings more 9ringish.

Discussion with Sig customer service; no action yet in return for adjustment. I do have prism in my glasses which may affect this.

However, 2nd range session was targeting 6" falling plate rack @ 50'. As long as I used my POA correction I was getting consistent plates falling.

Most pleasing was how comfortable the grip/recoil were. Oh, and the zero malfunction rate.

Study of the primer dent revealed consistent round firing pin indent. Some cases had VERY slight drag mark 12:00 aspect of primer. Will be comparing my clutch of salvaged brass to compare this data point.

Will update after next range trip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads