JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So call me a novice, it would make sense that if the sig was locked up for a split longer, the firing pin would get out of the way, thus not having the primer drag. Would a heavier recoil spring help? I don't know much about the geometry of fire arms. Any one?

In my thread I mentioned how the gun was timed potentially the cause of the drag issue.
The question basically got crapped on for response

A local rental shop has to replace the striker assembly every 3-5k. This is a major design flaw in my book. The striker should never fail with out a big kaboom.

Been on top of a lot of new carry subcompacts and this why I'm holding off on buying one. It's a fascinating model, but the striker issues are concerning. Was one for sale on here not long ago with a damaged barrel after only 500 rounds. I know Sig is addressing, but I'd rather not be the guinea pig paying myself to test... o_O

Would a heavier recoil spring help? I don't know much about the geometry of fire arms. Any one?

I've followed a couple discussions over the last year on a couple different sites. Have not seen any specific that confirms exactly the cause, nor have I seen any real consistency in changes in functional reliability resulting from/associated with such primer deformities.

Given such as Glock leave a similar 'slit' yet their firing pin shape actually accounts for their mark.

Observing mine over the course of around 1200 rounds there has been no failure of any kind. Sometimes there is a somewhat noticeable slit & more often the 'normal round indentation' for Sig is present. One report I saw said the magic number was 1400 before his failed.

I guess the only real test is for me to run another 1000 thru it & keep my catlike reflexes honed for trouble.:cool:

I've had the P365 on my mind for a while since handling one at a recent gun show recently. Though I just bought an FN FNS9C for carry, these have the same capacity in a much smaller package. I've read quite a bit about the issues, and while they do give me pause for a carry gun, I've heard the new productions are better and I wanted to see for myself. I was over at Oregon Arms and Ammunition the other day for a transfer and decided to pick one up (in part because they're big supporters of NWFA!). I plan on putting a couple thousand rounds through mine before it replaces the FNS9C, we'll see how it goes! :)

I plan on putting a couple thousand rounds through mine before it replaces the FNS9C, we'll see how it goes! :)

But that's the problem; the more you shoot it, the more likely that you're going to have a failure.

Most guns, you know in the first hundred rounds or so if it's having feeding issues, or FTE issues, or whatever. You can then get it repaired and put another couple hundred rounds through it to verify it's good to go.

The only two pistols I had to send back to the mothership (both S&W) had issues show up within the first couple of magazines.

With the Sig, it will show no signs of issues for 500, 1000, 2000 rounds. Then suddenly it will have a catastrophic failure that can't be remedied in the field.

Of course, the odds of it failing when you actually are needing it to defend yourself or your family are quite small...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top