JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like carrying a pocket gun sometimes. I've carried an LCP and now carry a Kahr P380 in that role. For a short period of time I carried a PM9 in my pocket, but there is a significant difference between the Kahr 380 and the 9, even though the PM9 is one of the smallest micro9's on the market.

I wish i could know just how small the Sig P365 really felt like in the pocket. Just seeing pictures doesn't really tell the whole story. But if it has to be a belt gun, there are so many options already in my gun safe, that I'm just not ready to drop the cash on a new gun and the whole carry system i like to buy for each gun.

I thought the info in the OP to be useful. In no way does it touch everything. It does help.
Whoever invested the time in the info, it is appreciated.

Surprised its that much bigger than the P365, I'm thinking they solved a problem that didn't exist.

Maybe more meant to go heads up with the G26?

I like carrying a pocket gun sometimes. I've carried an LCP and now carry a Kahr P380 in that role. For a short period of time I carried a PM9 in my pocket, but there is a significant difference between the Kahr 380 and the 9, even though the PM9 is one of the smallest micro9's on the market.

I wish i could know just how small the Sig P365 really felt like in the pocket. Just seeing pictures doesn't really tell the whole story. But if it has to be a belt gun, there are so many options already in my gun safe, that I'm just not ready to drop the cash on a new gun and the whole carry system i like to buy for each gun.
The P365 would make a good pocket gun, but like you I think the smaller .380's a just a better fit...pun intended.

Different sizes for different needs. Some people have bigger bodies, bigger pockets.

There was absolutely a need for this gun, a niche to be filled. The difference between a 1.3" double stack and a 1.0-1.1" single stack (I'm including this staggered thing the P365 does) is truly significant, especially in a pocket. Anyone who thinks a G26 width and a P365 width are functionally the same haven't been carrying for very long, I presume.

Surprised if that much bigger than the P365, I'm thinking they solved a problem that didn't exist.

Maybe more meant to go heads up with the G26?

If you look at it it goes after the G26/G43x and nudges the SIG 365. Measuring of handgun heros between the 3 shows not too much variance but the upside is the Sec9C can carry 15rnds. Though its slammed by the G26 in both aftermarket and the fact the G26 can hold up to 33rnds. Still tho between the Sec9C and 365 beyond brand names the obvious advantage is price point. I am leaning to the Sec9C to fill what the 365 has me hesitant on. Gotta see review though but so far it sounds like a good contender tbh.

Not necessarily looking for comparison when found, maybe it's useful.
Sig Sauer P365 vs P320 Nitron Subcompact size comparison | Handgun Hero

Other comparisons, scroll down for other handgun references.

Excellent tool. Thanks for posting.

Re the question of is p365 pocketable, as a reference point, I carry a sig p938 in an Alabama pocket holster in my front jeans pocket a lot. Size wise it's just fine and u forget it's there based on size. But it's heavy so u know it's there based on weight. Here are some comparisons of p938 vs Glock 43 and p365 for comparison. The length of the grip is a big deal when carrying in ur pocket in terms of ease of getting it in and out (also important for IWB for that matter but more in terms of printing for IWB).

Also just my opinion but the holster u use is critical when pocket carrying. The Alabama holster is really slick for that. No printing, holster always stays, u can pre-release gun by pushing on little tab with ur thumb.

9CDD6041-6C28-4B42-B4F0-C7CFB6C0FA33.png

670358BC-4563-467C-96F7-83F85068196E.png

Last Edited:
My Sig P938 has been in back-up status since the P365 pulled up a chair.

I carry a P938 and keep looking at the P365 to replace it. With the extended mag the P938 is almost identical in size when you hold it, but still a few rounds short of the P365. Also, want to get away from the manual safety. I have a revolver for sale right now, if/when it sells I think the P365 will be purchased. Did you notice any significant difference in how the P3565 carries over the P938?

I carry a P938 and keep looking at the P365 to replace it. With the extended mag the P938 is almost identical in size when you hold it, but still a few rounds short of the P365. Also, want to get away from the manual safety. I have a revolver for sale right now, if/when it sells I think the P365 will be purchased. Did you notice any significant difference in how the P3565 carries over the P938?
My P938, and reason for wanting to change, I never actually cared for how it feels to grasp it. The length (front-to-rear) has never felt comfortable in the hand. That, along with the width of the grip being too narrow, led me to trying the Hogue 98081 grips.
The Hogue grip did add width, though they didn't fill out enough in the palm due to my large hands. At that point, I left it alone and accepted it for what it was.

As for carrying, I used the included factory holster and carried OWB, tucked under a shirt. That (what many feel is cheap) holster is pretty nice IMO.

The P365 having been designed around the magazine, that's what initially got my attention along with capacity. Once I grasped on and got a good hold, the gun was sucked into my hand like it was made for it. Pointing, along with draw/follow-through felt more natural in presentation. Carrying the P365 was (for me) a different story.

At first I bought a Kydex AIWB without the claw, zero cant. It felt good at first from AIWB to 5 o'clock. Best at 4-5, (no can't being a hindrance) and fine AIWB. Then I found out in short order, that carrying in the Kydex left the grip exposed and against the skin. Well, that feels like sandpaper. Off in the drawer that went. I always wanted to try one, and decided to get/try an N82 Tactical. I'll honestly say, why did I wait so long to try one? Now that I have, I think they're very nice, and the best money I've ever spent. They're so nice that I fell asleep on the side my CC is on. That's comfort to me :)

I may not have answered your question directly, but hopefully what I babbled, helped.

I may not have answered your question directly, but hopefully what I babbled, helped.

Perfect answer, thank you. I have a N82 holster for my P938, but I found it hard to get a good grip on the gun when drawing, and I had the twist to remove option which I hate, so I stopped using it. I recently just started wearing an undershirt, and that has been a lifechanger while carrying in a basic Kydex holster. Looking forward to getting the P365 even more now. Thanks.

Right hand, Left hand?
The holster I have for the P365 was made in-house at a local dealer. Nothing real fancy.
Very similar to this one, though plain black Kydex, str8 clip
il_794xN.1743719252_fi5f.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top