JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most guys that are doing Sig grip mods are using rubber cementing. Adding material and then sprinkling sandpaper additives over-the-top to get that aggressive texture.

I ended up doing two of the talon grips one on top of the other for a little girth. But in the end I traded up to a 365xl. The extended beavertail and extra grip length fixed my issues. Now if only they were selling just the grip.

A buddy showed his recent Gl*ck which he had to fit with a little firm neoprene spacer slipped up high on the grip which made it feel almost like a real gun. Maybe there's one for 365? Don't have vendor name.

Tho the OP has found his ultimate solution...

stippling doesn't add girth. I've stippled about a dozen guns thus far, and there's no measurable change in grip girth, you are typically actually digging in to the existing material.

There are various ways to reshape and build up a grip - epoxy, rubberized tool dip, tape. The one that was really popular on Glocks before the Gen 4 and 5, and before the advent of the Grip Force beavertail involved using epoxy resin to build upon the existing frame. This is also how the "glock hump" deletes were typically accomplished - you'd grind most/all of the hump off, and either sand or drill the back side of the frame, place the gun into your mold, and fill it up with the epoxy which was then sanded, filed, and textured. That's how you'd wind up with long beavertail tangs, 1911ish back straps, etc. It was an involved process for sure, because it meant completely stripping the frame down and packing it with modeling clay, then removing all that modeling clay and cleaning the gun before putting the guts back in o_O

Its typically cheaper just to trade the gun in for something you like better, which was the ultimate solution here.

The grip actually felt good in the hand with the 12rnd mags but I was still having an issue with a little slide bite; which the beavertail fixed. Haven't held a Hellcat yet though.

I would just buy the rubberized pebbly texture tape that comes in a roll on amazon. Then u can cut it and make the grip exactly how you want it. Use multiple layers to increase thickness. Same thing with talon grip material etc. use layers.

My sig p938 grip was too thin and now it feels like it's custom molded to my hand when I pick it up cuz I took some time and made it just right with the rubberized tape.

I also put on small camera, back of cell phone case, etc. anything you want to get a better grip on. Don't get the sandpaper kind of tape.

Last Edited:
For building up the grip thickness you need to use Rubber Splicing Tape. It is great because it fuses/vulcanizes to itself and does not need sticky glue to accomplish this. As you wrap it, each new layer fuses to the layer below. You start from the top or bottom and spiral it up with slight over lap. Then stop and test the feel. Then ad one more thickness as required to get where you want. It will stay in place until you remove it and it will not move. When you wrap it you need to pull it so each wrap is thin and the overlap portion then self fuses and it becomes one section of rubber.

There are many versions of this tape, I am linking to the version I use and like, it has a blue backing and it also has some texture to it.

Link >> Ace 3/4 in. W x 22 ft. L Blue Rubber Splicing Tape - Ace Hardware

Here is a link to a video for the 3M version, notice on the video how the guy pulls tension on the tape as he wraps it. This keeps the layers thin and tight and makes sure each layer bonds to the layer underneath .

-------------------------------------------
I have also used tape called 3M Safety Walk as gun grip tape. This is good stuff and it is thicker and works well. I do not advise multiple layers of this tape though, it is pretty thick but not really the type of tape that will build up a gun grips thickness. It needs to be used in single layers. I used to buy this in huge bulk rolls, cut it up and sell it as gun grip tape on ebay. I use this on cell phones, cameras and TV remotes also, it works so well, it is like magic. Stuff that would slip right through your hands becomes super easy to hold on to. It is on my cell phone and every TV remote I own and I don't drop them any more and nether does my wife.

Link >> 3M 2 in. x 15 ft. Safety Walk Step and Ladder Tread Tape-7635NA - The Home Depot

Last Edited:
So I've been carrying a p365 for about 5mths now and I love this gun. I have about 800rds through it with no malfunctions other than a failure to lock back on an empty mag (pretty sure it is my grip). My one gripe is how thin the grip is. It's great for concealment but not the greatest for my large mitts for hands. It causes a touch of slide bite and after 350rnds today it isn't ideal. With the 12rnd mags the grip is just long enough for a full-ish grip. I'm looking into ideas that might thicken the grip even a little without compromising texture; e.g. a bicycle inner tube. I've seen a bunch of companies make grip tapes but they all advertise how thin they are. Any ideas that might help me out a bit? I've heard that stippling can add a little girth as well if that's a viable option. o_O

Pachmyar and Hogue make a little rubber grip thingy that goes around and adds a little......girth I used it on a G26 before and a shield, it helps.

Tons of great ideas that I'm going to have to store in my arsenal! Sounds like many of you have dealt with similar issues at one point or another so I'm sure I will again in the future. :s0101:

Now if only they were selling just the grip.

You can get just the XL grip now from Osage County whenever they get them in stock. $40 and no mag release included (which is BS- another $15), but they are out there. You'd also need to buy flat base plates for any 12-rnd mags you had (at $5/ea)...
:confused:

I only know this because I'm into XL-ifying my 365 about $65 right now.

I had a universal rubber slide over with finger grooves on my g27 but it made the grip too big and i removed it for a tallon, i got the universal slide over at sportsmans i believe for under $20.

I went and held one today. The xl was much more comfortable. Either are usable, but the part im iffy about is the room (lack thereof) in the trigger guard with the straight trigger.

The grip size reminds me a lot of my old xds.

Something like a bike innertube would probably work, but that starts defeating the concealability of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top