JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was going to build a glock 19 because I have a few glock 33rd mags. After evaluating cost of a build vs just buying one I decided to buy. Then after doing some research I am stuck between the the sig p320c and the glock 19. A little input on those that have had/handled/shot both before I purchase would be great. I have had glocks before but never touched a p320c Thanks

Having shot both I find them roughly the same sans ergos and trigger pull/feel and what they offer.

One nice thing about Glock is the mags are cheaper usually around $24-30 on deals.

SIG mags are all $50.

On the other hand sigs got better optic options for their platform since they make their own.
Between the two aftermarket is good in terms of parts accessories and holsters.

Really it's your preference to what you ultimately like and shoot better.

Having shot both I find them roughly the same sans ergos and trigger pull/feel and what they offer.

One nice thing about Glock is the mags are cheaper usually around $24-30 on deals.

SIG mags are all $50.

On the other hand sigs got better optic options for their platform since they make their own.
Between the two aftermarket is good in terms of parts accessories and holsters.

Really it's your preference to what you ultimately like and shoot better.
I like the idea of the fcu for p320 vs a glock frame. If somthing was to break /fail to me it seems the p320 would be easier to repair vs messing with glock frame.

Don't have the 320C (which is the compact, shorter frame), but do have the 320 Carry, which is basically the same frame size and slide length as the 19X.

I like both these pistols. I favor the SIG trigger (smoother and lighter), and its X-Ray sight, but frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I would decide based on which fit my hand better and pointed better. Some (including me) believe the SIG's ergonomics to be slightly superior, but then all the Glockboys I know swear the 19 fits their hands perfectly.

Actually, the SIG mags shouldn't run more than $44, and you can get the ACT-Mag versions (which I have not used yet) for close to Glock mag prices.
G v SIG.jpg

I like the idea of the fcu for p320 vs a glock frame. If somthing was to break /fail to me it seems the p320 would be easier to repair vs messing with glock frame.
Yeah they do have a nice option for that.
I thought about leaning toward SIG on that modularity until I saw how much they charge for complete slide set ups. Glocks gone up in price with Gen5 as well but for the sake of parts swapping for those not gun smiths or tinker savvy SIG definitely wins with just popping out the chassis system.

Beretta APX also has a chassis system and they just released their newer APX A1 fullsize. Not quite as popular as SIG/Glock nor as much aftermarket but I do feel it's on par with both. Mags a little cheaper and it comes optics ready. They too have frames you can buy. It's a really underlooked gem and it only costs about mid $400 maybe less on sale.

I've got Glocks around here, but if I were on the fence, I'd head out to SafeFire and rent both, shoot them both, and make the decision that way. Both are quality weapons, but you're asking what is a personal preference question. Your choice, how they shoot for you, and preference is all that matters here.

Yeah they do have a nice option for that.
I thought about leaning toward SIG on that modularity until I saw how much they charge for complete slide set ups. Glocks gone up in price with Gen5 as well but for the sake of parts swapping for those not gun smiths or tinker savvy SIG definitely wins with just popping out the chassis system.

Beretta APX also has a chassis system and they just released their newer APX A1 fullsize. Not quite as popular as SIG/Glock nor as much aftermarket but I do feel it's on par with both. Mags a little cheaper and it comes optics ready. They too have frames you can buy. It's a really underlooked gem and it only costs about mid $400 maybe less on sale.
Found a good deal on the p320c for $430 out the door.... but if parts are thru the roof.

You can't go wrong with either. I carried a Glock for 10+ years and just recently have started carrying a Sig. Sigs trigger are better and the modularity between grip modules and slides is nice. But Glock has undeniable reliability and aftermarket parts are more available/less expensive.

If it was a stock 19 or a stock 320 I would go with the Glock 19. With that being said I prefer a full frame so the G45 would be my go to. Personally I carry a full size gun and currently carry a Sig P320 X5 legion. IMO Glock can't compete with the craftsmanship and trigger on the legion.

With everything it all comes down to personal preference. And each person is going to have their own preference. Both are great platforms but Glock is the STANDARD for reliability and foundation of a striker fired pistol.

Some are within reason if you simply want to swap slides. Some are in the price range of just buying a whole new gun instead. Conversion kits exist as well but are usually out of stock.
Even some of these might make you think of just buying a whole gun instead.

Sounds like you got a good deal. Hopefully it has free shipping. Have you looked for a holster?
There are a couple mags on sale for $45.

If you can get the newer SIG slides where they don't require you to disassemble and remove screws from underneath. Dunno what SIG was smokin on that but they've since changed to a more standard format of a top plate with screws like everyone else.

IMO the p320 has a better trigger than the 365. It is definitely lighter. I EDC a 365, because of size primarily
I can't quite tell much a difference between my Xcompact and a 365 I've fired. Other than one was flat faced and the little 365 curve they both had that short to wall and dull "thunk" but over all are very good triggers. I would say SIG has the best IMO in terms of how fast you hit that wall.
The newer SIG legion I handled at my LGS was smoother and more dialed I'd say but not too far from a stock 320.

I cannot really tell much a difference in Glocks Gen3-5 after shooting them, maybe very minimal differences. But it's probably what I have most my trigger time with and find them acceptable enough to walk golf balls out to the ends of the shooting lanes at wolf creek.

Both are great guns but I do prefer the Glock a bit better, they just fit my hand better but would trust my life with both.

this may help in your process choose heads or tail and best 2 out of 3 wins...

So I was going to build a glock 19 because I have a few glock 33rd mags. After evaluating cost of a build vs just buying one I decided to buy. Then after doing some research I am stuck between the the sig p320c and the glock 19. A little input on those that have had/handled/shot both before I purchase would be great. I have had glocks before but never touched a p320c Thanks
That's a tough one, I have both and like them both immensely. Both are very reliable and accurate. IMO, the Sig is the superior gun, but you are going to pay for it. The Sig is usually significantly more expensive and the magazines are shockingly more expensive but it is truly a great system. The Glock 19, is great too and it will do everything you need a gun to do very well. It is less expensive easier to field strip and parts and magazines are available everywhere with OEM mags a little more than half the cost of a Sig 320 magazine and aftermarket P-mags roughly less than a third the cost of a Sig magazine. Speaking of aftermarket, that's where the Glock really blows the Sig out of the water with a whole ton of manufacturers making a whole ton of upgrades and accessories for the Glock 19 (and other Glocks) On top of that Glock has the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation which runs matches all over the US with cash, Glock pistols and Glock stuff like their knives or shovels as prizes. In addition, they always have a Glock armorer at their outdoor matches who will go over your Glock and replace worn small parts or install upgraded small parts in your Glock for free. Those matches are very safe, very organized and a lot of fun. I wish other gun manufacturers would take a clue from the GSSF and start their own matches. Finally, as a GSSF member you get a card every year that allows you to buy a Glock at police pricing, a significant discount over retail. Its their Blue Label program for LEO and GSSF members. I haven't paid retail for a Glock in 20 years.

So... If you don't mind spending the money get the Sig. It feels great in your hand and is a joy to shoot. If money is a concern, OR if you want to customize or buy lots of extra magazines or like the Glock's ubiquity or the GSSF idea, get a Glock.

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with either pistol
Have fun with your new pistol, whichever one you choose.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top