JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am sure everyone has heard about the gun going off if dropped and the lawsuits that have been recently filed.

My question is, the P320s affected, are they the ones without the thumb safety? Or do those have issues as well?

thanks

@Lazyfaire and @jason m are absolutely correct. The VUP was painless and the turnaround time was minimal. My experience is documented in this thread.

Just have it done. Or not.

Last Edited:
They opened up a voluntary upgrade aka recalled trigger yrs ago, i got mine back fast. Not ideal situation after shelling out 600$ for a pistol but i guess they tried to make up for it. I wish issue was fixed before they shipped but a lot of cars have recalls after they are released also. Not defending sig at all just sharing my experience.

I was not aware of pistols that were upgraded still have this issue. I have yet to drop a pistol lol so be it a sig glock etc so not sure how that issue would ever scare me. I agree if sig knew and still shipped then that is not okay. Just my 2 cents, i get what yall thrown down tho

They opened up a voluntary upgrade aka recalled trigger yrs ago, i got mine back fast. Not ideal situation after shelling out 600$ for a pistol but i guess they tried to make up for it. I wish issue was fixed before they shipped but a lot of cars have recalls after they are released also. Not defending sig at all just sharing my experience.

That is part of the problem, they didn't and still haven't done a recall. "Voluntary upgrade" my azz, it is BS.

I understand but i have had that happen on my radiator on my 208 f250 radiator that leaked. To change radiator you had to take cab off in 2008. Agreed sig should have just vit it and took em all back, shouldnt be on consumer to chase a fix.

Ah SIG320 and my past encounter. Really wanted to like them but tossing a whole guide rod/spring while firing was akin to my Ruger Sec9C FTE's double feeds 15 times too many back to back. Hikock45 had the same problem too. I just remember shooting at wolf creek and my gf next to me said "somethings sticking out of your gun". WUT?

Back to SIG, they did fix it but I still did not trust it. Fired fine once I got it back fair quickly but if it don't inspire confidence I ain't having it. It had the factory fix for the drop safety when I bought it from OA&A.

Ah SIG320 and my past encounter. Really wanted to like them but tossing a whole guide rod/spring while firing was akin to my Ruger Sec9C FTE's double feeds 15 times too many back to back. Hikock45 had the same problem too. I just remember shooting at wolf creek and my gf next to me said "somethings sticking out of your gun". WUT?

Back to SIG, they did fix it but I still did not trust it. Fired fine once I got it back fair quickly but if it don't inspire confidence I ain't having it. It had the factory fix for the drop safety when I bought it from OA&A.
Dang that sucks. What do you shoot now. My p320c trigger is sweet but i agree if i had those issues it be hard to trust.

I flip flop around between my M&P's/Glocks/APX Honestly, i'd say the APX is a underrated gem that should have gotten way more love.

Honestly debating a G3C since its gotten great reviews all around. PSA can't seem to meet the needs to release their PS9 Dagger as it keeps shifting the goal posts back saying "release in may" "release in july"....All these other gun companies had no problems producing items during closures.

To cover my a$$, Yes I know it was a lemon that I got and its only a bias from my own perspective and not a whole of their line but still for a near $600 gun I don't really expect that sorta stuff to happen. I expect that from guns $200-300 range or really beat up trades offered.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads