Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SIG P290: What is the deal with the trigger???

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 20, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Okay, the SIG website says the gun is a DAO design but on a video from the shot show one of their head honchos declares that the gun is not DAO but is instead a light striker fired design with a hammer. What is with the dicrepencies SIG?

YouTube - Sig Sauer's Newest for 2011

2. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

They look to have a hammer in the video... also Sig is going to have a .50 cal that's kinda cool though i will never be able to afford it.

3. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

huh, PBP I have no idea why the info conflicts?? Weird...
    and don't wanna thread-jack but he said they're gonna put out a 9mm 1911-style!? oh man oh man oh man...

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I assume the trigger on the SIG P290 will be similar to the LDA style trigger on the Para Ordnance Carry 9. Maybe their 1911 style 9mm will be also.

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Products

5. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Taurus does a similar falsehood with its PT709 "Slim" pistol. All of the magazine ads say that it is double-action/single-action, but only on the website do they specify that it is single-action only---that striker is fully cocked once the slide is racked! It seems that the executives cannot agree on what to say for marketing.......................elsullo

6. nubus

nubus Guest

My Ruger LCP has a hammer, but it is not truly DA.
    Racking the slide sets the hammer to hit the "striker" and it has to cycle to fire again.
    I believe they are using a similar design here.