JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This video shows the trigger action of the P290 a little bit better than others I have seen up to this date. It appears to me the trigger is going to be very similar to a Kahr trigger where the firing pin is held at a partial cocked position after the slide is cycled and the trigger is DA in that it pulls the firing pin further to the rear (against the spring) and releases it while dropping the faux-hammer. They actually show the hammer in a partially cocked position but I am betting the hammer is for show only (like in the PARA LDA models). I could be wrong though.

YouTube - Sig P290 Sub-Compact 9mm

The trigger is totally the opposite of a Kahr trigger.
The P290 releases in the beginning of the overall pull, where the Kahr releases in the end of the pull.

I chatted with the designer of this gun at SHOT and he explained the trigger idea around it.

EVERYONE that checked the gun out was Poo-Pooing to trigger on it(I was also). After talking to the guy, and trying the trigger several times, I can see where he was going with the design.
The gun fires before the sights get puled off target by fumbly fingers. I "ham-fisted" this thing and was impressed.
I am NOT a Sig fan, but I can see the practicality of the design.

I would not recommend it for the firearms collector, but for a guy/girl that needs 1 gun only for self defense, I would.

Transitioning between a standard trigger pull to this for self defense wouldn't be something I could adapt to personally.

If you have a friend looking for a HD gun or carry gun that is not a "gun guy" then I would think this would be great.

The trigger is totally the opposite of a Kahr trigger.
The P290 releases in the beginning of the overall pull, where the Kahr releases in the end of the pull.

I chatted with the designer of this gun at SHOT and he explained the trigger idea around it.

EVERYONE that checked the gun out was Poo-Pooing to trigger on it(I was also). After talking to the guy, and trying the trigger several times, I can see where he was going with the design.
The gun fires before the sights get puled off target by fumbly fingers. I "ham-fisted" this thing and was impressed.
I am NOT a Sig fan, but I can see the practicality of the design.

I would not recommend it for the firearms collector, but for a guy/girl that needs 1 gun only for self defense, I would.

Transitioning between a standard trigger pull to this for self defense wouldn't be something I could adapt to personally.

If you have a friend looking for a HD gun or carry gun that is not a "gun guy" then I would think this would be great.

Do you know if the hammer is actually functional? It does not make sense that the hammer would even be needed for such a mechanism except to keep that SIG look and feel. Is it like the hammer on the LDA pistols?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top