JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was in one of my local stores yesterday and I noticed that they had a p250 for $349. Anyone have any opinions on this particular model? I know it's their polymer pistol and that it has a few options.

Is it basically Sig's new "Glock"?

+1. I'd love to hear about these too! I was looking at picking one up but since all my other Sigs were twice the price of one of these I wanted to get some feedback first before getting it just since it was cheap :)

Thats a good price. I had the compact 40 cal. not to bad on recoil .Nice sites. The sandpaper grip is an issue if you have love handles. Trigger is long but i liked it after some practice. Very accurate. Good luck finding a good holster. Its a very different gun then the glock. Over all i will give it an 9 out of ten.

I've got a P250 with all the exchange kits. I started with a 9mm 2SUM kit, then traded the full-size kit for a .40S&W compact, then added .45ACP and 357Sig exchange kits when Sig was selling them direct for $199 ea. I carried the 9mm SC and .40 Compact for over a year before I picked up my H&K P2000.

I've never had a single failure with the 9mm, .40S&W, or 357Sig. The only failures I had was with reload LSWCs in the 45ACP kit...it did not like that bullet profile and wouldn't even hand cycle. I've put over 7700 rounds through it...mostly through the 9mm SC. There is a lot to like about these pistols: modularity, price (I bought all four calibers for less than $1000), reliability, ergonomics, slim and easy to conceal (1.1" thick), ambidextrous, ease of use/manual of arms, easy to field strip, easiest to detail strip/clean, lightweight, rugged, etc. The only downside is if you cannot adjust to the DAO trigger. If you like revolver DA triggers, you'll LOVE the P250 trigger.

As far as holster selection, I'm a lefty and I bought four holsters for this pistol before settling on a CompTac MTAC. The other holsters were a Crossbreed Supertuck, a FIST K1, and a Highnoon...don't recall the specific model, so holster choices are not an issue for me.

At $349, it's a bargain IMO, however; there are many shooters who dislike the DAO trigger and may be willing to sell theirs for less. As for me, the P250 is a pistol I doubt I'll ever sell.

I have five configurations of the P250. Although I was pretty doubtful of the DAO trigger, after moderate practice I am pretty happy with it and I like being able to SEE the hammer fall. Trigger pull is smooth and light, it is easy to keep sights aligned and turn out a pretty fair group at 50`. Fast follow up shots are very controllable, just takes a bit of practice to undo years of SA shooting. I agree, this pistol design is a keeper.

i too like the dao with hammer design. trigger is long but pretty light. you can choke it half way and see where the hammer is and still feel comfortable because it has a predictable break. i had the sub compact in 9mm and it seemed a bit wide but when compared to a kahr mk9, it was only a millimeter or 2 wider. not very noticable in the waist.

I had one in 9mm. I had a few hiccups. The mag seems to be a bit loose in it. I loved the ergonomics though, and it is a good DAO trigger. But for me, it was too big to carry and I wasn't very accurate with the DAO on the range. Mine was the compact (not sub-compact) version. Since it was not good as a carry or a range gun (for me), I traded it. But the feel, ergonomics and accuracy were great.

Got a chance to hold one today. Felt awesome! Also got a little lesson from the counter clerk about concealed carry. He said comfort and accuracy aren't as important as reliability and concealability. I told him I was looking for a 9mm that I might be able to conceal as well as shoot. He automatically went for the p250. He also recommended the ruger sr9c. Was a good day. He also told me that if I didn't like the 250 I could sell it for more than I pay them. Cant wait to make enough money to actually buy one!

In that price range, the SP2022 from Sig is another option, it is traditional da/sa with decocker, and feels more Sig-like than the P250. The SP2022 can also be converted to DAO, which is kinda cool. They are both good for what they are, basic, no frills, no gimmicks affordable Sigs that will last a long time.

has anyone tried to conceal the 2022? I've really liked what I've read about it, but haven't gotten the chance to hold/shoot one. from what I've heard the p250 (in sub) is smaller than the 2022. I like the da/sa with decocker on the 2022.

has anyone tried to conceal the 2022? I've really liked what I've read about it, but haven't gotten the chance to hold/shoot one. from what I've heard the p250 (in sub) is smaller than the 2022. I like the da/sa with decocker on the 2022.

I wouldn't have any problem concealing one, but I'm big enough to pull it off. I know skinny guys who conceal carry full size Glock's and M&P's, just takes the right belt and holster.

P250's never caught on here and I never really understood why (I do understand they were intended for European markets that restricted the number of firearms one could possess), but I love the way they feel and their size and profile. I picked my wife up a used Compact .40 S&W for Christmas, can't wait to take her out shooting ;)

My one complaint (even though other people like it) is that it is DOA. The trigger pull is long, as one would expect, but it is pretty light, so that makes up for it.

I love my p250. The ability to change to different calibers quickly is nice. It's cheaper to get multiple calibers with the p250 than other guns cause all you have to buy is the kit. The only thing that ever held me back from buying it was the DAO trigger. But it's one of the smoothest triggers in my collection. I'm the most accurate with my p250. I think I'm so accurate with it because of the longer trigger pull. It's a very nice pistol for the price.