JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just shot a P239 yesterday and loved it. I've been looking for a small, concealable weapon for carry, and was considering the Walther PPS, but after shooting this Sig have made my mind up.

I shot it in 9mm, which I liked, but have also been reading up on the .357 and .40 cal versions. Has anyone shot both the 9mm and one or both of the others, or owners out there, how did you make your choice?

One thing to consider is that I have a 9mm and a .45 which I like a lot. I'm going to be using this Sig to replace a .40 I have, so from an ammo standpoint, it might be nice to just concentrate on 9mm (aside from my .45). I've already been playing the game of having a bunch of different calibers of ammo for my handguns and so it's a small consideration.

That, and the one less round of mag capacity in an already rather small capacity gun.

Thanks!

Buddy of mine has the 40 and he loves it. With such a low capacity I would opt for the greater stopping power of the 40, if you can shoot it comfortably

I have shot it in both 9mm and .357sig... as mentioned above, with a limited capacity I would go for more thump!

My cousin has a .357 239 as his EDC, he carries it in a MTAC and is absolutely in love with it. I have tried it on myself, and its extremely comfortable and concealable!

.357 sig is known as a "snappier" chambering, but it is very manageable out of the 239, and I would far rather stand behind it or the .40, than the 9mm.

If you ever make it to the tacoma area, you can try one out in .357 :s0155:

Yeah, I shot the 9mm and loved it. Wish that the range had the 40 too so I could compare.

Blitzkrieg, I am a little concerned about the small capacity, which is why having an extra round in the 9 helps that issue out a little.

I'm primarily deciding between 9mm and .40 (but if I got the .40 I'd certainly get the .357 barrel for kicks). I've been reading that .357 ammo is not as plentiful as the others. Is that not the case?

The .357sig is a great caliber...really gets up and go. Shoots just like the .40 caliber, but higher velocity...makes me a better shot.
Good luck! I like my P239, in .357sig and ammo is plentiful at wallyworld. :s0155:

I'm primarily deciding between 9mm and .40 (but if I got the .40 I'd certainly get the .357 barrel for kicks). I've been reading that .357 ammo is not as plentiful as the others. Is that not the case?

I would look for a .357 version first (if you plan on converting anyway) you can usually get them used for quite a bit less than 9mm or .40. and the cost of converting is the same either way. Overall, I go for the .357 for protection then get the 9mm conversion for the lowest priced most available practice ammo.

For sure the .357. I own a P239 with the DAK trigger. I absolutely love this gun and carry it everywhere. Very comfortable. The .357 has a really nice, crisp but very manageable recoil. You can't got wrong. Given the choice, I would always go .357 sig over 9mm and .40 cal.

Thanks guys for your input. I actually just pulled the trigger on a 9mm. After thinking about it carefully, I realized that I don't like the snappiness of a .40 M&P that I have and it will probably only be more snappy with a smaller gun. That, and I have a ton of 9mm ammo for my P30. I'd rather just concentrate on .45 and 9mm. I got the SAS Gen 2 model and am throwing some crimson trace grips on it. Will be an awesome carry piece!

Thanks for all your input. Definitely some .357 fans out there!

I have the P229R in .40 with a .357 sig barrell as well. I carry it in .40 and shoot mostly in .40 as it is the less expensive round.

I chose the Sig 229 because the US Secret Service carries this fine firearm to guard POTUS. I have a relative who is USSS and loved shooting his Sig 229, the trigger is awesome. Furthermore, after some research I discovered that this is the weapon of choice for federal law enforcemnt. The US Coast Guard did a <broken link removed> , without fail. The USSS did a 2 million round torture test, without fail. And same with the Air Marshall's, ICE, and most other agencies..... FirepowerTV has torture tested Sig's without fail as well.

Simply put this firearm will go bang everytime, you will have a hard time making it fail. If I am to protect myself and my family then only the absolute best will do.

The firearm is compact for a full size, full caliber weapon and can be concealed. I personally open carry.

Good luck in your search. Sig is often called the Cadilac of guns, I refer to Sig as the Rolls Royce of guns.

I just ordered some crimson trace grips for mine. I love them on my 1911 and given that the p239 will be my primary carry pistol, it'd be nice to have the CT in a pinch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top