JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice gun. I like them. Look at Rugar Lc9 or kahr Cm9 if you want a 9mm. The Sig would be my choice for .380 but you can get a 9mm for less $ that almost the same size. But if your going to get the Sig you won't be dissapointed. Some ppl recommend FMJ ammo for better pennetration with .380 Hollow points are used to prevent over penetration which you maynot get with a .380

My wife carries a .380 Bersa. Dont know much about the P238, but I use a P220. Sigs are great guns. On the ammo side, 380 ammo costs more on average than 9mm. I reload my own. It is the same bullet as a 9mm, I just use 95gr for 380 and 115 for 9mm and less powder of course.

The Sig 238 is my dream gun, unfortunately I can't afford it but would highly suggest it for people who can! As for the .380 debate, a .22lr is responsible for thousands of deaths, I'm sure the .380 will serve just fine.

Imo~

I had one and it was a really nice gun. More accurate than most it's size and reliable. I sold it off when I got a Ruger LC9. Someday I may buy another :)

The P238 is a great pistol. Sig seems to have finally worked all the design and production bugs out. Just be careful if buying a used one, as some of the earlier production runs had multiple problems. My friend just took delivery on a new P238 with a laser for $460 shipped! Here's the link from the Sig Forum. He said these guys were very good to work with. He used a local FFL that charged $15 and no sales tax!!! That's $475 total for a two tone P238 with the factory laser. Here's the link...
wts: SIG P238.....SPECIAL OFFER! / FREE SHIPPING...also, STEYR M9-A1 - Topic Notice the free shipping note in the post. :s0155:
If you are looking for a 9mm don't count out the Beretta Nano... It's the size of a PM9 with great quality and a low price. Here's a link to a review on Sig Forum by a very respected member.
Beretta's Nano: First Impressions - Topic
Those 238's are nice looking pocket guns. Good luck in your hunt. Now's a good time to pick one up with the costs where I'm seeing them.

I absolutely love my P238! Still love to plink away with it, it really is a joy to shoot.

Only downside, .380 is not cheap. At the range especially, it can run you quite a bit. And, more rare than other ammo. Usually only a couple of boxes left at the local shops when I'm out to pick up a few boxes. These are the only reasons I don't shoot this gun way more often. Wish Sig had this same design in a 9mm....but I would just end up giving them more of my money.

The P938 has me drooling. Been scouring the internet, but no one seems to have a picture of it yet. Just the Sig announcement and catalog update. Hopefully, we'll see something on it soon...