Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sig p238

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by spengo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

This is a sexy little gun. Does anyone know how it compares with other more traditional blowback .380s such as the p232, ppk, etc.? I messed around with one of these at a gun store today and was very impressed with it. I think maybe I just found what my tax return is going to be used for. :V

2. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

They are sweet looking guns.
    I'm not sure why they went with an exposed hammer and safety on a "pocket pistol" though.

I checked them out a year ago at the Shot Show and was impressed with the quality.

Very much like the Colt Mustang.

I would like to do a side-by-side comparison with the Kahr P380 and the LCP. Both awesome guns as well.

3. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

Spengo I've got one and love it :) 220 rounds have been down the pipe with out any hickups. 20 of which were GDHP.

Are you looking to start carrying? It's been a while since we've talk did you get your CHL?

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I turn 21 in a couple weeks and will turn in my application asap. I've already taken the class and have everything ready to go. :cool:

I only have 2 handguns right now, one is a fullsize CZ-75 and the other is a .22lr colt huntsman. I do have a nice leather IWB holster for my CZ-75 and I practice with it every month at IPSC competitions. When using it at home, it hides the firearm well, but the gun seems a little heavy for edc and I worry that my jacket/shirt will ride up and expose the butt when I sit down. I wouldn't care generally, but if I am seen carrying at school people would be all ZOMG SCHOOL SHOOTAR and probably get me expelled or something. :( Anyway, I've been thinking of picking up one of the smaller DA/SA .380s or 9x18s around and then I saw this wonderful little gun.

I expect they did it for weirdos like me who don't really like DAO triggers or the plasticy feel of the little kel-tecs and other related subcompacts. :)

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I've got one and have to say I am very impressed by how well it shoots.

Recoil is considerably less than the much larger Bersa Thunder, and is more comfortable to hold onto than my LCP.

P238Gun.jpg