JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, I need some opinions on the P30 in 9mm. I had the H&K 45 and it was OK but not a $900 pistol for a casual shooter. I have a Sig P229 with all the bells and whistles and have been offered a P30 in trade. Both guns are about 6 months old.
I read a review comparing the Sig M11-A1 and the H&K P30 and at the end a survey was 90% in favor of the Sig. That surprised me but H&K's primary claim to fame is 100,000 rounds without a failure. OK, but is it pleasant to shoot? The 45 was not. I have only talked to one guy that had a P30 (he sold me the HK45) and he liked the P30.
Anybody with and experience here? If accuracy is similar and recoil is similar, the Sig mags are cheaper and I already have a bunch. My P229 is a Factory Special Configuration and just one of three that I like to shoot.
Anybody here that can talk me into trading for a P30? :huh:
I just use the P229 for trips to the range, I do not carry it.
If I don't like the P30 is it a $850 pistol? I think that might be a stretch.
Thanks,
Eric

I had a p30 in .40 it was a very nice and well built pistol, the major turn off to me was HK's aftermarket support and the price of anything that say's HK cost's an arm and a leg if you can find the accessories/ spare part's/ mag's etc but a very well built quality rig IMO. I traded/ sold 2 Sig Elite's within the past year and have regret it ever since. Give it a shot you may like it if not p30's make great trade bait. As far as $850 value? I wouldn't pay $850 for it.

I tried a p229, it's a nice one, but got the hk p2000 instead, not a p30, but similar, i've shot the p30 though. I prefer the p series, fits my hand better and for some reason just doesn't feel as big to me in the hand. plus the grip on the p30 is amazing. my p2000 doesn't have 100,000 rounds through it but maybe around 12,000 and not one problem so far. honestly the only sig I would probably buy would be a 1911, or 938

They are very different to each person. Some find the ergonomics of the "Batman Grip" to die for, while others find them just comfy.

The HK's are built to survive the most extreme scenarios and with that they come with the rugged features. No luxuries, just getting the job done.

Of course, this is all my own opinion. I personally carry an HK45C atm.

The 229 is very smooth and a pleasant shooter. If it were up to me I would actually rent one at the range before proceeding as you may regret getting rid of it.

For carry though... I would get the P30, simply because it is much lighter.

Your mileage may vary.

-Nick

Kind of after the fact here, but I wanna say I had a Sig P229 SCT (super capacity tactical) and also a P30 9mm with a LEM trigger. I did not get along very well with the LEM trigger....seemed like the more I shot it the worse I got. With a different trigger variant, I woulda loved the gun I think.
Anyway, of every pistol I have ever gotten rid of, I miss that 229 SCT like you would not believe. Sig doesn't make it anymore, and I'm telling you if I could get that gun back I surely would. Idon't even know why I sold it...I get so fickle sometimes it's not even funny, and that was one of the worst examples when I let that fine pistol go :confused:

I had a p30 in .40 it was a very nice and well built pistol, the major turn off to me was HK's aftermarket support and the price of anything that say's HK cost's an arm and a leg if you can find the accessories/ spare part's/ mag's etc but a very well built quality rig IMO. I traded/ sold 2 Sig Elite's within the past year and have regret it ever since. Give it a shot you may like it if not p30's make great trade bait. As far as $850 value? I wouldn't pay $850 for it.

+1 This^^^^

I like, no I love, the feel of HK pistols, but trying to find aftermarket parts, support, mags, etc. unless you want to do everything over the net is a pain....hence, no more HK's for me at this time. Just my two cents.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top