Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P229 in 9mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by dehughes, Nov 23, 2013.

1. dehughes

dehughes Portland, OR Active Member

Hello all,

I just discovered how much I like the Sig P229 in .40. I don't like .40, but boy do I like shooting my .40 Sig P229. One of only two .40 pistols I've actually "liked" to shoot.

That said, I'm wondering....if I like the .40 P229, then perhaps I'd REALLY like a 9mm P229.

Have any of you shot both? Right now my 9mm pistols are a Gen 3 Glock 19, and a brand new Sig P290. My wife kinda digs the G19, so I'm thinking.....she gets that one, and I get the P229 in 9mm??????????? :)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I have a M11-a1 which is pretty much a p229 and I do like shooting it. That being said I like my MK25 alot better and it was one of the finest out of the box shooters I have had.
    Not sure why I shoot the mk25 better I just know I do. I would think though if you like the 229 in 40, you will also like it in 9mm but I would try renting one before you buy.

3. dehughes

dehughes Portland, OR Active Member

Thanks for the reply. What is the balance like between your M11 and MK25?

4. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I have honestly not held both together to compare the two but in my opinion the mk25 seems to fit my hand better which surprised me as I don't have large hands.