JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is exactly the same as the regular p229 except for the (well... I think it's horribly ugly personally) styling and a front sight that is both fiber and tritium.

I have heard reports of the fiber falling out but that is just what I heard on the internet so take that with a grain of salt. Front sight is easily replaceable with a regular tritium-only one if it is a problem anyway.

The Equinox also has a stainless frame just like the elite stainless models...and the SIG finish is not the best I have ever seen.

Ah, I see. I believe my regular sig p229 has an aluminum alloy frame. I wonder if that makes much difference in the weight of the gun?

EDIT: actually according to the <broken link removed> you are incorrect:
>It features a two-tone accented Nitron&#174; stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame

Ah, I see. I believe my regular sig p229 has an aluminum alloy frame. I wonder if that makes much difference in the weight of the gun?

EDIT: actually according to the <broken link removed> you are incorrect:
>It features a two-tone accented Nitron® stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame
You are right. I keep forgetting that the P229 Equinox I saw at the trials was a pre-production model. They never produced it that way due to the stainless frame shortage they went through a couple of years ago. I waited two years from a stainless P220 because of teh shortage before giving up on it and later getting one from JC Weaponry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top