JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is exactly the same as the regular p229 except for the (well... I think it's horribly ugly personally) styling and a front sight that is both fiber and tritium.

I have heard reports of the fiber falling out but that is just what I heard on the internet so take that with a grain of salt. Front sight is easily replaceable with a regular tritium-only one if it is a problem anyway.

The Equinox also has a stainless frame just like the elite stainless models...and the SIG finish is not the best I have ever seen.

Ah, I see. I believe my regular sig p229 has an aluminum alloy frame. I wonder if that makes much difference in the weight of the gun?

EDIT: actually according to the <broken link removed> you are incorrect:
>It features a two-tone accented Nitron&#174; stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame

Ah, I see. I believe my regular sig p229 has an aluminum alloy frame. I wonder if that makes much difference in the weight of the gun?

EDIT: actually according to the <broken link removed> you are incorrect:
>It features a two-tone accented Nitron® stainless steel slide with a lightweight black hard-anodized alloy frame
You are right. I keep forgetting that the P229 Equinox I saw at the trials was a pre-production model. They never produced it that way due to the stainless frame shortage they went through a couple of years ago. I waited two years from a stainless P220 because of teh shortage before giving up on it and later getting one from JC Weaponry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top