Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P229.40cal Older model W/ extras, nice! needs a good home

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by davel686, Jun 12, 2009.

1. davel686

davel686 Concrete, WA New Member

N/A

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

lots of sig fans here dave you should do well..nice piece

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

know what you mean racking the slide gave me a little problem thinking about a revolver more and more.

4. davel686

Racking the slide hasn't been a problem, its my fingers not being able to get a tight grip on the bigger diam. grip frame of a auto.
    ;););););):cool::cool:

5. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

Night sights ?

6. Nicademus

Nicademus Woodinville, WA New Member

I wish it wasn't a LEO gun :/

7. davel686

Nicademus
    why do you wish it wasn't a LEO gun?
    of the 3 Sig 229's I bought back in 2000 and 2001, this was by far the best one.
    even a NIB one that i got to try out wasn't as smooth as this one is.
    I have long since sold the other 2 but I kept this one because it was such a sooth, sweet gun.
    :confused::confused::confused:

8. Nicademus

Nicademus Woodinville, WA New Member

Ok I'm going on what I've been told and what I've seen. Contrary to popular belief, police do in fact shoot their guns a LOT. At least the ones I know do. Also many of them (not my friends of course ;) ) don't take the greatest care over weapons that were not purchased on their dime. Third, a guy I know and trust recommend against buying LEO/CPO Sigs for various reasons from inside his deep archive of a mind. Ok and a fourth...I think you're asking $600? Kinda high with the CPO guns out there these days.

Do I love Sig? Yup sure do. Do I own own any? Nope, just a lot of fondling. I'm of the mindset that paying more money and assuring happiness is worth it; that's why I only pay for the finest of hookers. kidding kidding.

This is a gun I plan to buy and own FOREVER, so I want to do it right.

9. davel686

Nicademus
    Not all LEO trade ins are beat up.
    I have owned about 2 dozen LEO trade in guns from semi autos to revolvers over the last 20 years or so and only a few of them showed great signs of wear.
    I wouldn't be listing this one as in very good condition if it wasn't.
    when I got it, you could tell it was well taken care of and hadn't been shot much.
    I haven't over used it and it is still in almost the same condition as when I got it.
    as for the price, 600.00 is a very reasonable price for the condition of the gun and what all comes with it.
    I paid 400.00 for it almost 10 years ago with just the 1 12rd and 1 10rd that came with it, I have added the rest.
    most I see for sale today are going for that much or more and don't have the extra mags or solid steel guide rod.
    good luck, I truly hope you find that great deal.
    :):):):):):):):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.