1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

SIG P226 Question

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by borrowedsig, Jan 27, 2012.

1. borrowedsig

borrowedsig Lincoln, Nebraska Active Member

I have owned my current 226 for probably 7 years now and recently i replaced all the springs and such. I put the lower back together and now when i pull the trigger when the hammer goes forward it does not reset like it should giving me no trigger, i can pull it but it hasnt reset on the sear? i can see the sear is catching on the smooth part above the hammer notch and not resetting. I can reset it by using the decocking lever or by resetting the hammer manually but obviously this is a problem. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I rebuilt it with all new stock sig springs and everything else works like it should and has until i put the kit in it. I bobbed the hammer myself but as i said it has had no issues through probably 1000 rounds. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt
  2. oa98pistol512

oa98pistol512 salem area Member

Sounds like the sear or hammer has to much wear or is buggered ( rough spot on connecting surface at the sear and hammer ) up some how... The only other part it might be is the trigger disconnect (bent or twisted) but highly unlikely.