JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to get Sig pistol. Must be full size, DA/SA w/decocker. And I plan on the P226 and am really looking at the MK25 in the desert tan. However I have always wanted my first full size pistol to have a threaded barrel. Though this doesn't come with one, I could buy separate at a later date...

Here's my dilemma. I have been out of the 9mm game for a while. Though I do not mind re-entry, I would prefer 40sw, because that is what my CCW is. I have handled the P226 Legion, if I wanted to say with the 40, which is nice, but I do not like the controls so much. Other P226 models, that do come with 40sw, would certainly work, But, I do not see any threaded barrels for 40 from Sig.

So do I, go back to 9mm and move forward with the sig I want, or do I get a different P226, one in 40sw, and give up on the threaded barrel?

9mm is the way to go these days. Modern bullet designs have closed the gap between 9mm and .40, and the extra rounds in the mag clearly give 9mm the advantage. I've got a 226 legion, I love it. Best DA/SA trigger in a factory gun. The finish is crap though, so just a heads up there.

I vote 9s for cost and the ammo selection. And 20 rounds at 400 fpe should hit hard. Foot lbs of energy. Enjoy your Sig when you decide. :)

I run the extended mags. The standard is 15 rounds I believe.

Last Edited:
If you get a standard pistol, swap in a TB and suppressor later, remember most cans will render standard factory sights unusable. A Sig suppressor ready configuration comes with taller sights and would probably be cheaper in the long run not having to swap out sights.

The legion does look good, but I am looking for DA/SA. And I am not a fan of the finish they put on the Legion. The only reason I would go with the Legion is the raised grip trigger guard and the premium sights. But that probably isn't worth my extra coin....

In the case of the P226, standard 9mm magazines have the same capacity as everyone else's 40 S&W magazines. Its a big gun for its standard capacity. If I needed a suppressor ready P226, the P226 Combat comes as ready to go.

I do not need a suppressor, but I think someday I will get one. However, the more I think about it now, the more I doubt that I should buy a pistol thinking that 'in the future' I may get a suppressor. All that does is make me ponder more now and slow down my decision. If, when the time comes I want a can, I will deal with it then.

I do not need a suppressor, but I think someday I will get one. However, the more I think about it now, the more I doubt that I should buy a pistol thinking that 'in the future' I may get a suppressor. All that does is make me ponder more now and slow down my decision. If, when the time comes I want a can, I will deal with it then.

The rail on a standard 226 is rounded while the Mk25 has an actual standard picatinny rail. Attachments will fit better on a Mk25 rail. I prefer the Mk25 over the Legion because I feel the Legion is more gimmicky and the only things I liked better are the grips and sights. I'd buy a Mk25, peel that stupid sticker off the dust cover, install SRT and be good to go.

The rail on a standard 226 is rounded while the Mk25 has an actual standard picatinny rail. Attachments will fit better on a Mk25 rail. I prefer the Mk25 over the Legion because I feel the Legion is more gimmicky and the only things I liked better are the grips and sights. I'd buy a Mk25, peel that stupid sticker off the dust cover, install SRT and be good to go.

Sticker on the dust cover?

Sticker on the dust cover?

There is no functionality with it. It's just a marketing gimmick in my opinion.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.20.21 PM.png

I prefer the Mk25 over the Legion because I feel the Legion is more gimmicky and the only things I liked better are the grips and sights.

In my case, I wasn't really sold on the grips and the sights. That x-ray sights, of course in my view, were really cool in the beginning, but then I kind of became tired of it as the dot is too big. The Legion grips are good, but I find the standard grips from MK25 more comfortable in my hands. To me, it was the trigger that made me really happy with the Legion pistols, both DA/SA and SAO.

I have had two MK25s and both stickers became dislodged, but I still like the MK25. This year I have had several P226's.
I still have the MK25-D and a TACOPS. The Legion was interesting and I would like to check out the SAO model but I stuck with the MK25.
A Gray Guns adjustable trigger and Master spring kit work wonders on a Sig. I also vote for 9mm.

I would go with 9mm in a heartbeat and especially because you want to be able to shoot suppressed. Do note, however, that I'm just not a fan of .40 so this is a pretty easy decision for me.

As for which Sig, I'm a big fan of their SRT trigger. So a model that has it would be nice but it's easy enough to install later. The MK25 is a nice piece for sure.

If you want to stick with 40 cal, have you looked at Sig P229 options? There is usually something comparable to the P226 line. Sigs shoot 40 very well. I had an XD40 and both my Sig 40s are less snappy.