JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Normally I wouldn't post on such an emotional topic, but I have to get this off my chest. I, like most of the internet, am a huge fan of Glock handguns and the Model 19 in particular. I don't think one can buy a better combination of size, weight, capacity, and versatility for the price, not to mention it might be the most standardized handgun platform you'll find among American civilians. I also have a couple others which I like and (thought) I shoot well.

A while back I purchased a Sig P226 MK25. I've always liked Sig handguns and came across a good deal so I jumped on it. It's in like-new condition with a fiber optic front sight and the SRT trigger. My initial impressions were good, but after several months this damn gun has grown on me to the point that it might be my 'one gun' if I had to choose. It never fails to make it into my range bag. I shoot it better than any other gun I own and absolutely love the trigger (even more-so than my 1911's, one of which is three thousand-dollar bills new).

I'm not sure if I need to give my G19 some upgrade love or what, but I'm worried if this continues I might end up in the Legion club with my buddy @Weebs...

I appreciate you guys letting me get it off my chest.

If I wasn't "wrong-handed" I'd probably own a Sig or three. That being said, I shoot my G17 and G34 well enough to be minute-of-bad-guy all day long so it's what I stick with. Well, that and my Shield pointed at my junk this very second. :D

Man......

I completely and utterly understand how you feel. Like you and many others, I've always thought of the glock as being my go to pistol for any occasion, specifically the 19. IMO, it's just a good all around pistol, maybe not the best, but certain very versatile.
I also picked up a sig, a 226 tac ops with the SRT, and I can definitely agree that the 226 with that trigger is an amazing platform. It could be me, but it also sounds a bit better supressed then any of my other hosts.

Something that really helped ease my thoughts on giving my glocks some good upgrades was comparing the resets to the sigs SRT. Again, IMO I feel that the sig srt has a slightly better reset then the glock; however, its not by much. Something that was really important to me is that my go to pistol should be able to take a beating and not bother me. In the end, I feel that the glock is like the terminator or or even Rocky and will keep coming back after it takes a beating. I'm confident that the sig could handle the same abuse, but I just would rather not test it. Keep it with the 1911"s and bring it out to the range or if the 19 fails...( could happen....) my 2 cents...

Btw... good problem to have!!!:cool:

Now get a Kimber and your love for the Sig will be ruined.

Are you f-in kidding me? I have a bunch of sigs and 1 Kimber and I'll let you guess which brand has the worst POS of a firearm I've ever purchased.

OP, you're just realizing why Glock is the McDonald's of firearms. They make sense if you need to arm a police force on a budget but as a private citizen, why would you not buy the best set of features you can get?

A DA/SA gun with decocker and no safety is arguably the safest way to carry without impeding your ability to break a shot in high stress situations.

I won't get into the bubblegum ergonomics formed by molding Gaston's creepy Austrian hands.

Now get a 229 and dump that Block.

You could save a lot of money and just buy a CZ Shadow-2...and get it over with ;)
It makes the Sigs/Kimbers/Glocks feel like a Lorcin in comparison. :p

Last Edited:
Too bad the shadow 2's grips are so damn ugly. And don't mention you can replace the grips because then no one knows you have a shadow 2. and the only real reason to have a shadow 2 is making the CZ hipster fan boys jealous.

I used to be on the CZ band wagon, and I won't be selling any of the 7 I have, but sigs are much nicer imho.

Racking a CZ slide with those inverted rails and a stiff recoil spring like that in the SP-01 is a nightmare.

No fan boy here. I was a Glock fan boy until I bought a P09, then the Shadow and now the P10c. All of them outshoot my G34 and during her first attempt, my wife shot the P10c better than her P229 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

I love the Shadow grips and racking the slide is like butter...almost as silky smooth as the trigger.

My $0.02

I've owned 2 Sig's including a P226. I love the guns themselves, the look, the feel, the function, but I have a complaint I've heard from others - the high bore axis on Sigs seem to be an issue for me and my accuracy. I want to love Sigs, but so far, I've passed them on.

As for Glocks, I own them, but I wouldn't say I love them. They work, plain and simple. They are reliable, shoot well and accurate for me. I also like that they're easy to modify, such as swapping calibers, something I like in a pistol.

My carry and bedside guns are both M&P's. Again, I wouldn't say I love them, but they fit my hand well, shoot well and have been 100% reliable.

Maybe I'll try the Sig again sometime - I do like their double-stack .45 (P227) - so maybe I'll give that a go.

I've heard the complaint on Sig before about the high bore axis but usually it's related to felt recoil and not accuracy problems.

With 9mm I don't notice much flip from my 229s, 226s, or sp2022. The 226 has some gravity in her and soaks up the recoil just about the same as my equally as heavy sp-01. I understand the complaint tho.

All of them outshoot my G34

Yeah I don't get this obsession with the g34 as an Uber race gun because so many people use it in competition. I shot one expecting to have to change my pants after, but I was thoroughly disappointed. It wasn't balanced well and had a surprising amount of recoil for a 9mm. Plus it wasn't very accurate for me.

I'll take the high bore axis of the sigs cause apparently it means nothing to felt recoil.

Are you f-in kidding me? I have a bunch of sigs and 1 Kimber and I'll let you guess which brand has the worst POS of a firearm I've ever purchased.

OP, you're just realizing why Glock is the McDonald's of firearms. They make sense if you need to arm a police force on a budget but as a private citizen, why would you not buy the best set of features you can get?

A DA/SA gun with decocker and no safety is arguably the safest way to carry without impeding your ability to break a shot in high stress situations.

I won't get into the bubblegum ergonomics formed by molding Gaston's creepy Austrian hands.

Now get a 229 and dump that Block.
See I have the opposite experience. I owned 2 Sigs and a Kimber before I sold all my guns to start over and both Sigs had issues chambering and ejecting issues. The Kimber ran perfectly.

See I have the opposite experience. I owned 2 Sigs and a Kimber before I sold all my guns to start over and both Sigs had issues chambering and ejecting issues. The Kimber ran perfectly.

And this is how brand loyalty comes to be. Individual experience.

My Kimber issues documented here: Kimber Camp Guard 10 = Jam-o-matic?
Check out the photo of how the camp guard was damaging my brass

The Glock 19 is as practical as it gets. Probably a half pound lighter, quarter inch skinnier, 3/4 inch shorter, with same capacity as a P226 at 1/2 the cost. So, as much as I love my P226, I see too many practical advantages to the Glock.

But the 229 is a whole nother story. My 229R is my favorite handgun of all time.

I had known Sig Sauer made quality pistols for at least 25 years or so. Never shot one but did know many Leo's, my x included, that liked to talk guns and recommend Sig as a quality , reliable pistol.
Then a couple years ago I started shooting 9s again because of the cost of 45. Started with the CZ P09, then a p226 then a p2022, then a p938. For me the quality , reliability and accuracy won me over. And the srt trigger on my p226 is one nice trigger. My Kimber wins best trigger on my pistols, it's been worked. But not the best combat, or home d trigger.

While I won't be selling my CZ, Kimber, Springfields or Rugers ect, one of the Sigs will be in my go bag. It has earned that right by way of zero malfunctions and great ergonomics for me. I hear ya Joe. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top