Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P226 Holster Trouble

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Jarhead0093, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Jarhead0093

Jarhead0093 Sandy Active Member

So maybe someone can help me with this. I recently purchased a used Sig P226 Enhanced Elite. Great gun and everything is running fine. I went and bought an Uncle Mikes Reflex holster. When I got it home the holster didn't fit. I took it back to the store and they had the same gun in the case that I have but it's new. I tried their gun in my holster and it fit. I was puzzled. I took it back home and tried again. Loosened the adjustment screws and all to no avail. So I returned the holster. I recently ordered a safariland holster online. When I got it and tried to put the pistol in I found the same problem. I remover the retention system and tension adjustment screw and the pistol fits, but extremely tight. My question is did the change the dimensions of the Sig elite slide? My pistol was made in 2010. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

I had the same problem with my MK25. It seemed to be the shape of the rail.

I now have a OWB shaped Galico that is barely ok. Still hangs up a bit.

3. Jarhead0093

Yea it's weird. The holsters say they'll fit a P226 railed. But they don't. Frustrating as hell

4. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

well, I know that the MK25 uses a mil-spec rail while a standard p226 uses Sigs rail so holsters that fit the mk25 are hard to find. as for the uncle mikes not fitting I honestly have no idea unless they changed the rails on the EE in the last few years.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

they meant "standard sig railed gun" not picatinny rail.

6. Jarhead0093

Well I've looked high and low for a holster marked for the Elite. But all either say they are for a P226 or P226 railed. I didn't think it'd be this difficult to find a holster

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

you can call comp-tac, raven or any other custom holder makers to make one for you.

it's not hard.

8. mrblond

I have already talked to comp-tac and they don't make a holster for a sig with the mil spec rail.

9. Jarhead0093

I understand its easy to have one made im not an idiot. I did it with my Glock 19 and MK Tactical in Hillsboro. What I need is a Duty holster with a retention system.

10. mrblond

check out imi defence. i know they make retention holsters for the MK25, id guess yours would fit.

11. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

I had Orygun Holster at MK make one for my MK25 with the milspec rail. The Uncle Mikes fits the MK25.