JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Sig Sauer
Caliber
9mm
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
This guy is a beauty, just not the best fit for me. Feels good in my hand, I just have to many guns, and want to free up some cash.

This is a 9mm.

over all a great gun, but I will say this gun doesn't do well with crappy reloaded ammo. (Like most guns), however this has caused failures to eject for me. Quality ammo, proper lubrication has caused no problems for me.

The main thing for me I don't like is the lack of a light rail, but it is a very cool gun. That doesn't matter to a lot of people. I have a p226 and a glock g19 I carry so for that reason I'm selling this gun. If you plan to carry, I'd test your ammo. I don't forsee a problem using quality ammo, but just to be sure. Like I said, it was crap reloads that gave all my guns problems, this gun was just the worst (compared to the glock and 226.)

I really think it was just underpowered and misloaded ammo, but I felt it was important to note.
With quality ammo, ive had I'd say 300 rounds tops through this gun. You can see on the barrel, it's basically brand new. Also possible the gun just isn't worn in yet.

Comes with Original box.

AF07D7EB-91A1-458F-BD62-293EE31EC796.jpeg 360B4960-2FD5-4F9E-B2E1-B067AF7FB499.jpeg BA421606-ADA7-4EE5-82C7-BED7D16A6725.jpeg image.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Short recoil compact handguns are more picky about ammo - they have less leeway to work well. My 224 (SAS also) in .40 does okay with good ammo. I haven't tried yet, but some laser/light combos that don't require a rail, will probably work on a 224.

Short recoil compact handguns are more picky about ammo - they have less leeway to work well. My 224 (SAS also) in .40 does okay with good ammo. I haven't tried yet, but some laser/light combos that don't require a rail, will probably work on a 224.
Hey @The Heretic can you further educate me? Is the short recoil due to the compact size of gun? Or is it possible for a compact gun with a "long recoil"? Thanks for any enlightenment..

Hey @The Heretic can you further educate me? Is the short recoil due to the compact size of gun? Or is it possible for a compact gun with a "long recoil"? Thanks for any enlightenment..
I was afraid of this. By "short recoil" I mean that compacts and micro compact semi autos have a short recoil cycle due to the short barrel and slide. Less time to make everything work, and everything is happening faster. Also, the recoil springs are usually a higher rate (stronger). Using good quality ammo (not reloads) the 224 works fine. I really like mine, but need to find mags with sleeves or the sleeves themselves. My 226 mags and some 229 mags fit fine in the 224.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top