Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Sig P220 Super Match

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by OregonJohn, Sep 27, 2009.

1. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

I just picked up a Sig P220 Super Match in a trade deal. I do not know much about the pistol, other that the little I saw on line. I like to stay with the Kimber line, but got a good deal on this. Has been fired 35 rounds. Very clean, I would say could pass as new. Might be a keeper. Just thought I would see what people thought about it. I see some of you folks are die hard Sig fans. Will this gun make me a convert? :thumbup: Thanks, John

2. powermad

powermad Portland Active Member

That's a good looking gun.
    If I get around to buying another semi it will be a Sig 220.
    The few I have shot I really liked.

3. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Naaa your going to hate it, best just sell it to me and save your self the ammo.:thumbup:

All kidding aside thats is a great looking gun and everything I have read has been very positive.

4. OregonJohn

I thought I would get more feedback on this gun. Must not be too may of them floating around out there. Maybe not that desirable of a gun. I am going to try to get out this weekend and put a few hundred rounds through it. See if it measures up to the Kimbers. Thanks, John

5. OregonJohn

Well, I got out to shoot the Super Match. I will have say, that it has out shot every 45 acp I have ever owned. Including the best that Kimber has had to offer, Colt Gold cup, Dan Wesson, Glock, and HK. I have not shot a HK 23. This gun lived up to the hype. This gun operates like a standard 1911. SAO, target sights and trigger, with the front sight being a night sight. Well worth the money, based on other 1911 45acp pistols I have owned. I have had no work done to the pistol, and don't feel any needs to be done. I can find no flaws in this gun. So in the case of this gun, I am now a Sig Fan :D John

6. madderg

madderg Salem oregon Member

I have had mine for about 5 months now, and it just keeps getting better! I can't think of anything I would change or upgrade, it seems to have it all already. I have put 800+ rounds through it so far at the Albany gun club and it has never had a hitch. I'm shooting Precision Black 200 gr bullets over Clays Universal powder at about 960 fps. and the groups are great. It has less felt recoil than any other 45 I have shot except for my old match race gun with a Storm Lake barrel and triple port comp...go figure! But the accuracy is on the same level. It is really a pleasure to shoot, and being a NRA instructor for about 20 years that's saying a lot. Good shooting, Gary

7. OregonJohn

I was starting to think, that I was the only shooter that had one. What a great pistol. I don't know if I will ever be able to part with this one. You never see them used, so I think most owners must feel the same. It is great to have the best looking pistol on the range. John

8. madderg

madderg Salem oregon Member

This was first time out, and i threw 3 shots out of 32. What can I say...it was a new gun and first time shooting! The gun shoots great, thing have gotten better.

img019a.jpg

9. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

Hard to beat Sig for the money.

10. sigfreak

sigfreak Iowa New Member

I own both and I love the Kimber Super Match but, it comes in second to my Sig!!!!!

11. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Very nice gun!:thumbup:
    Now you got me thinking about comparing it to my Dan Wesson CBOB.
    Glad you like it. Thanks for the report.

Will

12. QXSOUP

QXSOUP Portland, OR Member

You sir, have the holy grail when it comes to P220's...