JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a topic I've been stewing over the past week. As many of you may know these fine handguns can be purchases from 400-450 brand new. Both models are known to be accurate handguns, with great trigger pulls and reliability holds true to the sig sauer name. Some differences I've seen.

P250 - lighter, newer model, DAO trigger consistent at 6.1 lbs, more aftermarket support, no safety

P2022 - heavier polymer frame, DA/SA 10lb/6lb (so i've read), discontinued mode (less aftermarket), better consumer reviews.

I've read some consumer reviews saying the Sig p2022 is a better handgun. But the Sig p250 received the Winner of the NRA Golden Bullseye Award 2009 Shooting Illustrated Handgun of the Year and American Rifleman Tactical Handgun of the Year. I'm basically a standstill. Does any body have any experience with either of these guns. I'm at a standstill and don't know what to buy.

i really like the 2022.its a different feel than a glock,its got a nicer trigger than my g27,comes apart like a 1911.i think its better looking than the 250 also.its a personal choice....i checked out a sig 250 earlier today.trigger is better than my keltec p-11,its fuglier though,and has a smaller grip than the 2022.

sig250.jpg

2022 for sure. One of my friends has one, it is very comfortable to shoot. GREAT value, sig quality in a consumer-priced handgun. I kind of hate DAO though so I don't know if I'm the most unbiased person on this subject. :)

I have fired both and like the 250 better. I like the DA design and the ability to change grip sizes and calibers is kinda cool too. Mostly it comes down to which one fits you better. I dought you will regret buying any Sig :)

@spengo. yeah im not a big fan of DAO but some shooters argue that its better to have consistent pulls in every pull. im sure its just a preference thing.

ive heard nothing but good things about the p2022. the p250 has some shortcomings according to some.

I read just a week or so ago that the SP2022 is once again "in production", though I thought SIG simply discontinued importation into the USA-

I have a '2022 in .40 S&W and the DA/SA trigger on that thing is truly outstanding IMO.

And I do plan on purchasing a second one- that's how much I like it. I would definitely go for the SP2022.

I like both as well. You have highlighted them pretty well so neither would be a bad thing. I prefer the 250 for one reason. It feels thinner in my hand and lighter. The trigger on both is outstanding.

@spengo. yeah im not a big fan of DAO but some shooters argue that its better to have consistent pulls in every pull. im sure its just a preference thing.

ive heard nothing but good things about the p2022. the p250 has some shortcomings according to some.
I heard that too. I think it is silly. Practice and you will learn it quickly enough. You should practice with any gun you intend to carry. I've never had any issues with DA/SA. Personally I think it is the best kind of trigger. You get the pull-out-and-go-bang simplicity and multi-strike capability of DAO and you get the crisp break of SAO which makes it really easy to place very accurate shots.

I'm sure everyone knows about the abomination sig made known as DAK. DAK is great... if you're a cop who can't shoot worth crap.

I think the 2022 is one of the most underated guns on the market... Sig definitely should have put more into its promotion and left that gimick of a modular p250 brick on the drawing room floor!

just my opinion though :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads