Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig Mosquito.... Thoughts? Experiences?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Rvrcowboy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Rvrcowboy

Rvrcowboy Vancouver Wa Member

Hey all,

Looking into purchasing one? Anything you could tell me?

2. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

A friend bought a new one a couple of years back and he found it very ammunition sensitive. He traded it awhile back and replaced it with a S.A. .22 revolver.

3. shooter12

shooter12 Salem Oregon New Member

Yuck! I know that's harsh but the trigger is trash. I would direct you to the Ruger SR22. Much nicer pistol. As an FFL I've had shot a lot of them and I just like the Ruger.

4. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Trigger sucks, but it is a fun gun to shoot and is very accurate. Mine is not ammo sensitive, though I have the ATI version, not the Sig.

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Never had one, but when I was researching what .22 to buy I read a lot of complaints online about the Mosquito.
    Don't remember what they were, but it was enough to drop it off my list of potential purchases.

6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Agreed. I bought a M&P22 instead. It's an awesome gun and I'd buy it again in a second. It has no ammo issues. It eats everything.

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Ya know it looks and feels good but the trigger was my deciding factor,too
    I'm sure it has a magazine disconnect,so maybe that's the trigger's problem as with the high powers

8. Stepside2000

Stepside2000 Vancouver Member

I love my ruger sr22. I did a lot of research before I got it and couldn't be happier.

9. matts

matts brush prairie Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i traded mine in for mp 22 so far it seems less ammo picky, when i had my mosquito i was able to tune it by cutting some of each recoil spring and putting a small piece of the heavy spring and more of the light spring and it fixed 99 percent of the jams and failure to extract and such. good luck.
    matt

10. HKFooey

HKFooey SW Washington Active Member

Mine is picky on ammo depending which spring I use. For the heavy spring I have never had issues with CCI 22LR MiniMags, but that stuff is spendy. For the light spring I have had luck with Remington and Eley subsonic. I shoot mine suppressed and with the subsonic ammo it's more quiet than a pellet gun. Basically you can only hear the action and the bullet impacting the target.

11. Blackcobra

Blackcobra Camas Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Maybe I got a good one. I've run several kinds of ammo through mine and had no issues of any kind. Accurate, looks cool (mine has carbon fiber finish), and fun to shoot.

The trigger is not great, but once you shoot it a while, it isn't bad.

12. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Friend has one to practice with the wife, instead of the P228, once he found the right ammo it worked well.

I have Sigs, and now going to the M&P so I bought the M&P.22, I like it.

Ruger makes a solid .22 in almost all models I believe.

Go first class and get the 10 shot S&W revolver, that is on my to get list.