JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never had one, but when I was researching what .22 to buy I read a lot of complaints online about the Mosquito.
Don't remember what they were, but it was enough to drop it off my list of potential purchases.

Never had one, but when I was researching what .22 to buy I read a lot of complaints online about the Mosquito.
Don't remember what they were, but it was enough to drop it off my list of potential purchases.
Agreed. I bought a M&P22 instead. It's an awesome gun and I'd buy it again in a second. It has no ammo issues. It eats everything.

Ya know it looks and feels good but the trigger was my deciding factor,too
I'm sure it has a magazine disconnect,so maybe that's the trigger's problem as with the high powers

i traded mine in for mp 22 so far it seems less ammo picky, when i had my mosquito i was able to tune it by cutting some of each recoil spring and putting a small piece of the heavy spring and more of the light spring and it fixed 99 percent of the jams and failure to extract and such. good luck.
matt

Mine is picky on ammo depending which spring I use. For the heavy spring I have never had issues with CCI 22LR MiniMags, but that stuff is spendy. For the light spring I have had luck with Remington and Eley subsonic. I shoot mine suppressed and with the subsonic ammo it's more quiet than a pellet gun. Basically you can only hear the action and the bullet impacting the target.

Maybe I got a good one. I've run several kinds of ammo through mine and had no issues of any kind. Accurate, looks cool (mine has carbon fiber finish), and fun to shoot.

The trigger is not great, but once you shoot it a while, it isn't bad.

Friend has one to practice with the wife, instead of the P228, once he found the right ammo it worked well.

I have Sigs, and now going to the M&P so I bought the M&P.22, I like it.

Ruger makes a solid .22 in almost all models I believe.

Go first class and get the 10 shot S&W revolver, that is on my to get list.

Good info on this super old thread. My mosquito is a CCI minimag shooter only. Thats all that will work, so I purchased a different gun. I think I will try the spring mod to see if that helps. If I ever get the urge to try it again?

Was interested in one, did some online research and decided to go with a .22 conversion kit for one of my regular P-series Sigs. Happy with the conversion kit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top