JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not interested in starting another round of tap-n-rack vs. double strike. I am more interested in reading how does it feel to operate a DAK trigger when it goes bang the first time, which is 99.5% of the time.

Sig owners of handguns equipped with DAK triggers, speak up! What is your opinion on the intermediate vs. full trigger reset pull differences. Hate it, love it, don't care, best things since sliced bread?

I love my DAK trigger! I'm a newbie, but I started with a class in which we shot many types of handguns. We shot revolvers and semi's, DA/SA, SAO and DAO, and calibers from .22 to .50 by many manufacturers. The weight of the DAK never varies through the range of the pull, and, while not the lightest, is certainly not heavy. The break is very clean. For me, it is the easiest system to get a smooth trigger press that surprises you at the end with a discharge. On my first trip to the range, I got better groupings than ever before. The only complaint I can see someone having is the length of the pull. For me, however, I feel like I can just move my trigger finger faster, yet still feel a smooth, consistent press. So it balances out.

I couldn't find any Sig with DAK to rent before I bought, so it was a bit of a gamble. I rented a DA/SA model and concentrated on DA firing. I thought to myself, it will be like this only lighter. That's true, but the DAK seems even smoother. I'm 100% happy with my choice. I think it's a great choice for SD (one of my instructors said of DA/SA, do you want your first shot to be your worst?), but also, it really is fun to shoot with at the range.

What is your impression of the "intermediate" vs. "full trigger" lenght reset pull differences?

There is no reset in normal firing, unless there's a trick that I'm unaware of. The only way to activate the reset is to manually push the slide rearward until the hammer clicks at the reset point. It does shorten the travel and slightly reduce the pull weight. It's not something I've played with much, since the normal pull is pretty slick.

If there's something I'm missing, I hope someone else will enlighten us both!

"The DAK mechanism provides a hammer-fired full-length double-action trigger pull, with complete repeat-strike capability, that is notably lighter than other full-length DAO pull mechanisms."

<broken link removed>

In my own words, it is like a lighter Glock DAO with a hammer (no strike fire system) with repeat strike like a DA should be. What a Glock trigger should have been but isn't (IMO).

Neverthless, the article mentions that you can operate the trigger reset in two ways, and depending which one you choose, the trigger pull is different. That, in my mind, goes against the whole idea of a DAO, but, before I judge Sig to harshly, I wanted to hear it from someone with direct experience. From Holypaper's post I gather he has not yet fully discovered how his gun features, and cannot really answer my question the way I expected.

I tried to get my hands on a Sig with a DAK trigger and dry fire it in the gun show to no avail.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top