JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally like the thin grips on those pistols but Im not certain how different grips will affect trigger pull maybe a qualified instructor can answer that.

I just noticed you have a CT laser on that, dry fire with that laser on a small mark on the wall at 7 yards and see if it moves when you dry fire. If it does, its you...
Yeah thats what I've been doing, i feel have my dry fires down pretty sharp now is what im saying. I usually do it while watching TV or on my computer off and on after work nowa days. But then again when I've got live rounds I'm and I'm at the range I tend to not be as consistent (then again I've only taken this to the range twice) so I guess that kinda answers my question of needing more range time. I seriously want to take a hand gun class with it so I'm accurate and confident, not to mention in self defense situations. At this point I'm not at all and it's supposed to be my every day concealed carry which doesn't make me happy.

Im not a fan of lasers myself, but try the dry fire test with it I mentioned. For live fire start out slow fire at 3 yards until you know your group size, when you get a group size that will tell you if your pulling the shots. Try using the tip of your trigger finger instead of the crease.

Im not a fan of lasers myself, but try the dry fire test with it I mentioned. For live fire start out slow fire at 3 yards until you know your group size, when you get a group size that will tell you if your pulling the shots. Try using the tip of your trigger finger instead of the crease.
Perfect. Will do man. And yeah the CT laser came with the gun and I definitely over paid for it which I'm not happy about when I look back but it's whatever I guess, especially at this point. I figured it would be nice In a self defense situation too but maybe it's my mind making up stuff. Lol again thank you. I'll most likely head up to wolf creek really early Sunday or Monday and give you guys a update.

No one should be using either the crease of your finger (inside knuckle) or the tip of their finger. The position on the trigger should be in the center of your index finger's pad.

No one should be using either the crease of your finger (inside knuckle) or the tip of their finger. The position on the trigger should be in the center of your index finger's pad.
Yeah that makes sense. Not the tip of the finger pad but the center pad(between tip and base of finger)I think what I was doing was literally using the crease so thank you. it's good to be aware and know what I'm doing instead of just winging it. Which i definitely have been with this one.

Yeah that makes sense. Not the tip of the finger pad but the center pad(between tip and base of finger)I think what I was doing was literally using the crease so thank you. it's good to be aware and know what I'm doing instead of just winging it. Which i definitely have been with this one.
It's really common on sub compacts just due to many peoples reach, so a conscious decision to use the pad is needed for a lot of people.

The front and rear sight do not look remotely close to centered. Likely the sights were adjusted to the prior owners shooting. I've shoot others guns where they had their sights adjusted to them, they would shoot center, I'd shoot somewhere else.

I'd recommend centering the sights in the dovetail, then see if that improves.

The elevation problems are likely due to the sights being a certain style over the other like posted earlier. Target style sights are different than combat style sights. Each require a different hold onto the target while using. Knowing what sort of sights are on your gun can drastically improve your accuracy.

Thank you man, I'm not going crazy. Lol I thought they were of pretty bad too. I also know it's alot of my own error and just not being used to this style in general. I'm going to go shooting this weekend/ early week and see if I can eliminate some of what I'm bringing to the table then take it into someone on Tuesday. Thanks again!

Don't know if anyone is going to see this but I finally made it back up to north fork this morning and got to use my sig again. Anyone who said that it was me being the reason for not hitting anything was absolutely correct. lolllll I practiced a lot of trigger discipline and kept everything in mind we all talked about on here and was A LOT more successful... I can hit my target now! haha wow does it make a difference when your aware of what your doing wrong and able to control it to an extent. I still do think I will probably check in with the guy over at killer coatings just to make sure/ possibly line them up a bit better but if I was in a life or death situation I definitely feel a lot more confident in my self now. I obviously cant get enough training and want to improve even more but just watching my finger position, trigger pull, and sight picture has been like night and day. I started off at 10 feet like people were suggesting then once I felt confident with that moved it out to about 20-25. At that range it was a bit harder for obvious reasons but still I was able to ring steel. I just wanted to thank everyone for there help and support! really means a lot to me... 🤘

Last Edited:
Glad you were able to get it (yourself) squared away. More often than not, I wonder why I continue to login to the forum. Than I come across a thread like your's, and my faith in this forum is restored! :)
Damn man I appreciate that... 🙏 maybe sometime in the future we can get over to that spot you mentioned and plink a bit. I'll probably take advantage of a few classes here and there, when I do ill let you know and see if your up for it. Untill then my friend!

I'll look into it, but I honestly have no clue on how to do it. I'm also curious how the hell you would fix the elevation on a sight like mine. They are sig tritium mh3 AN sights which doesn't look like you can adjust it up or down which I believe I need.
Columbia gunsmithing tigard .done lots of work for me .new and old guns .young guy but an expert. Great on prices

I lost track of how many times a customer had the same complaint, and when fired from a ransom rest the gun was spot on. I don't know if inserts are available for the sig, so just let someone else shoot it and see if they have the same problems.
Frankly y'all rely too much on fancy sights, so focused on little glowy dots you develop tunnel vision and lose all situational awareness. Heck most the rest of ya do mag dumps at the target, watcha need sights fer anyhoo.
Real pistoleros shoot bad guys from the hip :)

I lost track of how many times a customer had the same complaint, and when fired from a ransom rest the gun was spot on. I don't know if inserts are available for the sig, so just let someone else shoot it and see if they have the same problems.
Frankly y'all rely too much on fancy sights, so focused on little glowy dots you develop tunnel vision and lose all situational awareness. Heck most the rest of ya do mag dumps at the target, watcha need sights fer anyhoo.
Real pistoleros shoot bad guys from the hip :)
All figured out brotha thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads