JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do the sights look reasonably centered on the slide?
Sights can get moved if they aren't the tightest fit.

Try shooting it off a rest of some sort if the sights look centered.
If it is the gun and not user input and it has a #6 front sight a #8 is all there is these days for sizes.
Other than suppressor sights, 6 and 8 is it for front and rear unless you get Dawson to make you some.

Going from a 6 to an 8 will bring it up 2" at 25yds

Another way is to add a snap cap to the mix and pay attention to what happens to the sights when it doesn't go bang.

It kinda surprised me how much I was doing it after a few shots.

Do the sights look reasonably centered on the slide?
Sights can get moved if they aren't the tightest fit.

Try shooting it off a rest of some sort if the sights look centered.
If it is the gun and not user input and it has a #6 front sight a #8 is all there is these days for sizes.
Other than suppressor sights, 6 and 8 is it for front and rear unless you get Dawson to make you some.

Going from a 6 to an 8 will bring it up 2" at 25yds
I feel like my eyes trick me but they do look a little off yet if it is Its minimal. I can try shooting with my hand rested on a towel next time and see If that helps. I'm just concerned if that's what I have to do to hit anything accurately what am I going to do In a life or death situation. Lol aim for the make believe dude behind him? I understand it could be user error but it concerns me none the less

Are you squeezing the trigger or pulling it straight back?

A lot of newer shooters have a tendency to 'hook' the trigger in the creases between the pads of their trigger-finger, rather than placing the fore-pad on the trigger.

With RH shooters, the tendency when squeezing is to slightly jerk one's hand(Point Of Aim) down and to the left. -- It's down and to the right with LH shooters.

Try it with your bare hand and see what happens. Squeeze(curl) your forefinger into the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. The motion will naturally cause the wrist/hand to bend slightly to the left and down.

Now instead of bending both creases in your trigger finger, only bend the second crease (keeping the first two pads in a straight line parallel to you and pull straight back. There's no movement in the hand/wrist, only in the finger.

The key to proper POA/POI is to limit any muzzle movement(even if ever so slight); by keeping the sights on target until the cartridge has ignited, and the bullet has left the barrel.

You may already be aware of the above info, but a reminder can still be beneficial. It also very well could be that your sights may be off, or that you're not using the correct sight-picture as suggested by others ITT.

It took me a little time practicing my trigger pull through dry-fire practice to stop jerking the trigger and/or flinching in anticipation of the recoil before I stopped hitting low and to the left.

1) You sound new to handgun shooting, so you could suck.
We all sucked at one time.

2) Your pistol is probably set up for Sight Image #2 as shown above.
"Center Hold"

3) P938 is a (very) small pistol and small pistols are harder to master as compared to full size.

4) Let an experienced pistol shooter try it.

5) With a new pistol, I immediately try it off of sandbags to see where it is shooting.
"Bench the gun"

Sight #'s
View attachment 979446

Low left shows up more in smaller guns and is not uncommon.
I'm betting that the sights are fine and a grip adjustment is in order.

I have to work harder with my 365 and 10 round mag to keep from doing that.
The XL grip fixed that for me but not an option for the 938.
I agree, as a 938 owner, it's a tiny gun, very easy for excess lateral pressure or sloppy technique, or unequal grip pressure to impart a large amount of shift compared to intended POI. Having multiple people shoot the gun and experience the same problem doesn't guarantee it is a sight issue.

Yeah I appreciate the help man, I'm not saying I'm a insane shot or anything but I'm pretty accurate with most other pistols I've shot. The fact this one is so small could be a huge factor though and I will try what you all suggested. I really do think it is the sights however. If I'm able to get out again before I hear back from any of the smith's/guys who people suggested I will try everything you guys explained though. It would be nice if it was just me and I needed to improve my methods(not that I don't even if I was able to hit things). I just was being very careful and have done alot of dry fire practice with it to make sure I'm not shifting the barel as I squeeze. I guess if I am anticipating the recoil it would have me shoot low left most likely, thus making me aim top right to account for it. Which makes more sense. Again there was two other guys who shot it and they couldn't hit anything either. I thought I wrote this but apparently didn't finish. I'm at work doing this while I'm able

1) You sound new to handgun shooting, so you could suck.
We all sucked at one time.

2) Your pistol is probably set up for Sight Image #2 as shown above.
"Center Hold"

3) P938 is a (very) small pistol and small pistols are harder to master as compared to full size.

4) Let an experienced pistol shooter try it.

5) With a new pistol, I immediately try it off of sandbags to see where it is shooting.
"Bench the gun"
I kinda sorta replied to what your saying If you look through here. I am a noob thats for sure but like I said I have not had issues with any other handguns I've shot. I'm guessing it's the fact this one is so small. I also was telling the other guys if anything it was pic 2 in the sig article I'm shooting like but I'm almost positive I was shooting like pictures three. Especially when I realized I wasn't hitting where I was aiming. I'm going to go to that ceracote dude Chad to have him make sure it's not my sights(killer ceracote in Cornelius). He's only gonna charge me 20 he said but I will check and see if it's my own error before during this next weekend/next Monday doing the "sandbag" method.

I agree, as a 938 owner, it's a tiny gun, very easy for excess lateral pressure or sloppy technique, or unequal grip pressure to impart a large amount of shift compared to intended POI. Having multiple people shoot the gun and experience the same problem doesn't guarantee it is a sight issue.
What type of grip do you have on your 938 if you don't mine me askinf? The rubber or a other style? And have you had issues with your accuracy shooting it?

What type of grip do you have on your 938 if you don't mine me askinf? The rubber or a other style? And have you had issues with your accuracy shooting it?
I have the rubber grip. It's the only ones worth using in my opinion.

I grabbed my 938 upon reading this thread, just dry firing it, if I don't observe very deliberate grip and trigger pull discipline I can easily pull the bullet low and left. It's a relatively light and very small gun with a short barrel, the smallest error in handling will send the bullet off target.

I've never had accuracy problems with it that weren't my own issue.

I have the rubber grip. It's the only ones worth using in my opinion.

I grabbed my 938 upon reading this thread, just dry firing it, if I don't observe very deliberate grip and trigger pull discipline I can easily pull the bullet low and left. It's a relatively light and very small gun with a short barrel, the smallest error in handling will send the bullet off target.

I've never had accuracy problems with it that weren't my own issue.
Yeah I think I might need to invest in some rubber grips too. I really like how the ones that came with it look though but it's honestly not super comfortable. I was also messing with it after I got home from work and do think I might have been aiming incorrectly, not quite picture one from the sig diagram but still not how I should with this style. It also came with a crimson trace laser but at the range the other day it was wayyy to Brite to even see it. I still think ill cruise over to killer ceracote and have Chad take a look since it's only twenty bucks, maybe he can help me sight in the laser with a bore laser too which I would appreciate. I grabbed a iwb crossbreed holster that im going to be edc'ing from now on and want to make sure I can protect myself. Lol and not shoot everyone behind the enemy. (Partial joke)

Here's some for you guys to get a idea. Sometimes I feel they look fine then when I stare at it they seem off. Lol

16245078981899181311486608147910.jpg 16245079966175259148761774035263.jpg 16245080644122077344750728081064.jpg 16245080978551963702133479739597.jpg 16245081379444117278656916920319.jpg 16245081553832109180182966453339.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top