JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha yeah i haven't touched them personally and that was the second time shooting it. I didn't think I could hit bubblegum the first time either but it was a while ago. I'm going to have someone adjust them out by me thay someone on here suggested so hopefully I can get that part out of the way and just end up with my own error, which I can fix over time. (Hopefully) lol

I looked at your pics and you have the correct factory sights installed, #6 up front and #8 in the rear. There's always a chance the previous owner could have adjusted the windage, but the elevation error is all on you. These pistols are really accurate for their small size but take getting used to. It sounds like your shooting low left which is common for many shooters.

Do some very slow dry firing on a target and see if you notice if the front sight moves when you pull the trigger. Practice slowly building positive pressure on the trigger until it breaks instead of quickly pulling the trigger when your aiming.

Okay well I have no clue how they got like this if these are factory sights. I do think the front is pretty good but not perfect imo and the back looks off forsure. I've been thinking about investing in a bore laser, might have to just go for it. With the bore laser though, where would it need to land for it to be accurate? Right where the sight aline? I get the idea with a red dot.

I looked at your pics and you have the correct factory sights installed, #6 up front and #8 in the rear. There's always a chance the previous owner could have adjusted the windage, but the elevation error is all on you. These pistols are really accurate for their small size but take getting used to. It sounds like your shooting low left which is common for many shooters.

Do some very slow dry firing on a target and see if you notice if the front sight moves when you pull the trigger. Practice slowly building positive pressure on the trigger until it breaks instead of quickly pulling the trigger when your aiming.
Yeah like I said, I do think you could be right but I have been doing what your suggesting and don't see much movement.(always room for improvement) I will still have someone adjust them for me to make sure it's not the gun and all my fault. I can deal with user error, its when I cant tell if it's me or the gun that drives me crazy. Ill keep practicing. Doesn't the back look off to you though?

Edit. I do see the gun while pulling the trigger come down and to the left. It is definitely something I need to work on. It's hard due to the size for me I think.

Yeah like I said, I do think you could be right but I have been doing what your suggesting and don't see much movement.(always room for improvement) I will still have someone adjust them for me to make sure it's not the gun and all my fault. I can deal with user error, its when I cant tell if it's me or the gun that drives me crazy. Ill keep practicing. Doesn't the back look off to you though?
The back sight did look a bit off of windage but thats an easy fix.

A pistol laser bore sighter is a great idea, you set it up and it should align with your sights. It will also show you better if your pulling the shot when you dry fire. Aim at a target with the laser, press the trigger and if the laser moves my guess is it will move where you think the gun is off at. If your pulling the trigger correctly, it wont move off the target.

imageedit_9_6035266050.jpg

The back sight did look a bit off of windage but thats an easy fix.

A pistol laser bore sighter is a great idea, you set it up and it should align with your sights. It will also show you better if your pulling the shot when you dry fire. Aim at a target with the laser, press the trigger and if the laser moves my guess is it will move where you think the gun is off at. If your pulling the trigger correctly, it wont move off the target.

View attachment 979883
Yeah ill look into one. You also think maybe the 938 rubber grip might help also? I was thinking about grabbing one to try too. Obviously it's more going to be alot of repetition but the grip is kinda hard to get ahold of. Freaking Hickok45 can hit the gong with his and i can barely hit a full sized silhouette at 25 feet😒 bubblegum is sad. I hope getting the irons adjusted/working on my trigger pull will help though. It just felt like there had to be more to it then that.

If it wasn't going to be so freaking hot this weekend, I'd offer to have you come out to TCGC as my guest. I could shoot a few rounds and see where it prints. I could also watch you shoot it and offer any input/advice.

I hope getting the irons adjusted/working on my trigger pull will help though. It just felt like there had to be more to it then that.
I wouldn't adjust a thing until you figure out if its you... which is my guess.
Been shooting most my life and was surprised to learn I pull low left naturally when I finally bought a new pistol. Each trigger is unique. The 938s are great pistols but their trigger pull is heavy for a single action only and they are super small... that combination will really bring out any jerking or pulling you do that often wont show up on full size pistols.

people take different approaches to solving this but Im of the type that learns to correct my trigger pull not adjust the sights, with proper trigger pull you can shoot any pistol accurately.

also when your learning a new pistol its best to start out slow firing and very close to learn where your grouping is I would try as close as 3 yards to really get a good idea of your grouping on a paper target. Thats what works for me anyways.

If it wasn't going to be so freaking hot this weekend, I'd offer to have you come out to TCGC as my guest. I could shoot a few rounds and see where it prints. I could also watch you shoot it and offer any input/advice.
Damn, yeah I would appreciate that big time. Id bring my stribog to mess with too.. that thing is a laser which I have no issues with at all. Lol it's super fun.. Saturday's are my Fridays so it would have to be Saturday evening, Sunday or earlier in the week to work with my schedule unfortunately. But holy $hit, Sunday is supposed to be 111° as a high, that's nuts. This whole next week is going to be a scorcher forsure. Maybe we could link up when it's not a death sentence to be outside though? Im always interested in improving/learning, especially because ill be carrying this on a regular basis.

I wouldn't adjust a thing until you figure out if its you... which is my guess.
Been shooting most my life and was surprised to learn I pull low left naturally when I finally bought a new pistol. Each trigger is unique. The 938s are great pistols but their trigger pull is heavy for a single action only and they are super small... that combination will really bring out any jerking or pulling you do that often wont show up on full size pistols.

people take different approaches to solving this but Im of the type that learns to correct my trigger pull not adjust the sights, with proper trigger pull you can shoot any pistol accurately.

also when your learning a new pistol its best to start out slow firing and very close to learn where your grouping is I would try as close as 3 yards to really get a good idea of your grouping on a paper target. Thats what works for me anyways.
You look at the pictures though? The rear looks off to me. And I'm agreeing with you it's most likely me. I'd just like to get them on point and know kts 100% not the sights being off. Even by a little. Plus 20 dollars doesn't seem like a bad deal to have them adjusted. A few guys on here suggested killer ceracote which I was going to stop by at this next Tuesday I think. I'm going to try and get out before that if I can handle the heat.. @homeuser6

You look at the pictures though? The rear looks off to me. And I'm agreeing with you it's most likely me. I'd just like to get them on point and know kts 100% not the sights being off. Even by a little. Plus 20 dollars doesn't seem like a bad deal to have them adjusted. A few guys on here suggested killer ceracote which I was going to stop by at this next Tuesday I think. I'm going to try and get out before that if I can handle the heat.. @homeuser6
yes, I looked at your pics and it does look like the windage is off, but it also looks like the front windage is off too. Really hard to say without firing it, preferably from a rest. It could be that way from the factory to align with the barrel fitment and actually dead on, but Im not a gunsmith.
but I do know that the rear being off would only affect windage, windage is the easy part to fix. But your also suggesting a -major- different in elevation... which I think is you because those sights are correct factory sights.

I wouldn't move a thing until you fix your elevation issue first... which is usually pulling or jerking the trigger not the sights.

yes, I looked at your pics and it does look like the windage is off, but it also looks like the front windage is off too. Really hard to say without firing it, preferably from a rest. It could be that way from the factory to align with the barrel fitment and actually dead on, but Im not a gunsmith.
but I do know that the rear being off would only affect windage, windage is the easy part to fix. But your also suggesting a -major- different in elevation... which I think is you because those sights are correct factory sights.

I wouldn't move a thing until you fix your elevation issue first... which is usually pulling or jerking the trigger not the sights.
Yeah ill take it out again this weekend/early week and see if I'm able to fix the user error a bit. I just seriously don't see any movement when I dry fire so im really going to have to get out and fire it some more. I know its going to be a bit less smooth when im firing a live round obviously and maybe you are right. I might just need to get used to this small of a gun. How do you feel about the rubber grips they offer? I feel I could probably get a better purchase on the gun but at the same time I feel if I give it time I can figure out what I have. Thank you btw. I appreciate all your guys help🙏🤘

If this is your first experience with a sub compact pistol, it's likely that you do need practise, it's not what i'd call hard to aim, but it'll magnify any potential issues you may already have.

I can shoot my Wife's 938 fine, but then it doesn't feel much different to my XDS - don't expect the sights to be aligned, they should be set to shoot straight, but that doesn't mean the PO didn't mess with them. Prove to yourself it's not you before you adjust anything. Don't worry about the factory grips, they're fine.

20150301_223736.jpg

Yeah ill take it out again this weekend/early week and see if I'm able to fix the user error a bit. I just seriously don't see any movement when I dry fire so im really going to have to get out and fire it some more. I know its going to be a bit less smooth when im firing a live round obviously and maybe you are right. I might just need to get used to this small of a gun. How do you feel about the rubber grips they offer? I feel I could probably get a better purchase on the gun but at the same time I feel if I give it time I can figure out what I have. Thank you btw. I appreciate all your guys help🙏🤘
I personally like the thin grips on those pistols but Im not certain how different grips will affect trigger pull maybe a qualified instructor can answer that.

I just noticed you have a CT laser on that, dry fire with that laser on a small mark on the wall at 7 yards and see if it moves when you dry fire. If it does, its you...

Yeah its my first sub compact pistol I've ever shot to be honest. I can hit some pretty long shots with a .40 m&p without a problem and have fun with some buddies glocks/xdm but I completely understand how every little thing is amplified with this small of a gun. Now im seriously curios if it's just me.. (which I'm sure it is me) lol even if it is and I can start hitting my shots I would imagine it would be good to get my sights on point too after. I also want to get my laser aligned properly..not that you can even use it in daylight really, I just gave ocd and like to know things are how they should be. You guys think like 25 yards or closer to start?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top