Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sig 556 question

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by unionguy, Oct 5, 2010.

1. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

does anyone know if the newer sig 556's with the folding stocks can be fired when the stock is closed?

thanks.

2. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

My patrol swat does... it may not with a Griffin charging handle

3. unionguy

Thanks! how do you like the swat patrol model?

4. das_napeth

I like it better than my AR but am not sure how it compares to other 556's. As my favorite 5.56 semi-auto it was replaced by the MSAR AUG clone though. Generally, when I shoot I take those 2 and leave the AR at home or take it for someone else to shoot.

5. JC Weaponry

JC Weaponry Newberg, OR Member

They are great weapons and work very well. Piston driven without any piston slapping the bolt problems like the AR15.

They can be fired with the stock folded without any problem, with the exception of the aftermarket gryphon charging handle as it is bent down and doesn't permit the stock closing.

I've found the nub that locks the stock into place folded, needs to be sanded to fit each rifle so they can be easily folded and easily un folded without problem.

The prices have dropped dramatically this summer nearly to half of retail.

Pick up one while you can before the prices shoot back up with the manufacturer as we enter the busy season. (winter)

The Patrols are lighter than the full size, but I prefer the full size classic to any other model personally.

6. das_napeth

So says the guy with a SBR 556. Hey JC, how much are the DMR rifles going for now since they are cheap? Also, hear anything about the 516 and 716 prices you might have?

7. JC Weaponry

JC Weaponry Newberg, OR Member

I actually sold my SBR. (I will eventually replace it though)

The DMR's haven't dropped much and are still normal priced really.

The Classic, SWAT, 556P's and Patrols have dropped.

ETA:

The 516's are out, but I don't have any in stock at this time.

8. unionguy

I am looking at a classic swat 556 for 1150...is that a good deal?

9. das_napeth

That sounds like a good price to me but I would check with JC about what his price is for them right now. He said about half off so that might put you in the same ballpark plus the lifetime warranty in your name would be a good thing to have also. PM him and find out. He honestly has the best prices for Sig products around. I got my patrol for about 25 percent off MSRP from him.

10. Redneck_Riot

Redneck_Riot Lake Stevens, WA Member

CDNN has the swat, and the classic for a great price plus you get a free sig 22 along with it, awesome guys to deal with I buy from them often.